CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

8 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I say previews were pumped up with most having a holiday on friday. Got to subtract 10% or more from AOU OW. Plus they started an hour early.  165m at most

Nilephelan also pointed out earlier that the day of Sponsored & Corporate bought out screenings on Wed thru Thur was also rolled into the preview numbers

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I somewhat enjoyed watching it but I get angry when I start to think about the ridiculous plot. Fun but soooo dumb.

The plot is a mess, no doubt about it. That's probably why I enjoyed the third act so much. Story doesn't even matter at that point. The third act was a darker version of Avengers' excellent third act. I really enjoyed the interactions between Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

....yeah because the cool kids from the board love rotten poorly made blockbusters that are getting bashed by anyone with an ounce of good taste. Give me a fucking break.

LMAO

This is just getting sad, I was just joking because though Ethan was funny with his post :lol: 

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking hell, people on here have seen it twice and I haven't even seen it yet :ohmyzod: 

Sunday is coming. Sunday is coming.

• Like 2

It really sucks because BvS was one of the ones I was rooting for, especially having liked Man of Steel. Instead, I left the theater with a sadness in my body, and fear for upcoming movies in this cinematic universe involving the two titular heroes.

Sucks to be a fanboy... At least I got Jungle Book next month and Civil War afterwards.

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I say previews were pumped up with most having a holiday on friday. Got to subtract 10% or more from AOU OW. Plus they started an hour early.  165m at most

This was DCs answer to TA? Sub par

No, Justice League would be DC's answer to TA.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The plot is a mess, no doubt about it. That's probably why I enjoyed the third act so much. Story doesn't even matter at that point. The third act was a darker version of Avengers' excellent third act. I really enjoyed the interactions between Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

I think it also corrects the problems of not having a 1 HOUR AND A HALF ACTION SCENE THAT GOES FOREVER like Man of Steel :lol: 

• Like 2

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

The third act was like The Avengers third act.

If you made it less fun, shot it through a fishbowl with mood lighting, and replaced Loki with the Cave troll from LoTR.  Then...desaturated the shit out of it.  Then, once more for effect...decreased the fun.

I still loved the Wonder Woman jump.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

All wom I heard is fun but dumb...

Likely after deapool civil war and apocalypse ...

This won't be remembered much this year?

The latter two haven't even come out yet. For all you know they could be "fun but dumb," as well. Deadpool so far is the best in terms of critical and audience reception. 

18 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's sort of ridiculous the mob mentality a lot of you mods are having on negativity. People are allowed to believe what they want, there was a lot of skepticism leading into this film. It's projected to do IM3 numbers on what was dubbed "the holy trinity," it's fine but nothing to get too crazy about.

I personally dislike Snyder's work so I'm rooting against this series & believe there is nothing wrong with that.

Sort of? It's not sort of ridiculous, it is ridiculous. Some mods like Andy, Tele and Baumer are doing fine, but CJohn and #ED are acting like the ones to blame for the negativity around this film are the ones that didn't like it, and choose to deflect the negativity towards the film to me and others as scapegoats. It's like white knighting Green Lantern at this point, attacking me and others that want a bad film to fail so Warner will fire Snyder's ass will look silly when Warner gets the message and the same people that are claiming to like this thing talk about how much they love it that X director came and save the DCCU from a pathetic run.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nilephelan also pointed out earlier that the day of Sponsored & Corporate bought out screenings on Wed thru Thur was also rolled into the preview numbers

Yeah, I counted them as well. Combined, they're probably about the equivalent of the double-feature/marathons that a lot of the other franchises do. Maybe a bit less, there weren't too many of them (in LA at least).