CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Why are y'all using May and June (or even July) openers to predict a second weekend at the beginning of April?

Because people will do anything at all costs to justify their agenda and to fit their narrative. 

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Depends on legs

7 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Nahh

its going to be tough enough just to reach 1B...

Oh really. Even though it's already almost 1/2 of the way there? Well, WB should be happy enough with 1B and change still.

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I'm watching Raimi's Spider-Man and it's such a palette cleanse after BvS. It feels like a soul colonic getting all that dread and angst out.

On a similar topic, i watched DD's Second season a day after watching BvS and it made the flaws even more noticeable. 

The third episode had that wonderful hope/morals vs cynicsm/pragmatism debate that should have been the foundation of this film, and it's something that Hack will never understand in his juvenile posturing.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If you can't fudge an estimate then there needs to be a term for when a studio pushes official weekend estimates higher simply to temporarily reach a milestone and get a much-desired headline.

"Carmeling" perhaps?

Fluffing.

Fluffers job  in another type of film business is to temporarily get it up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

His quote is referring to how summer weekdays take away from summer weekends he is saying the opposite of what you believe 

And how do you know what I believe? Clearly those who are using summer weekdays to compare to this movie are trying to fit things into their agenda. Summer weekdays will always play out better than March weekdays. So how you can use that as a comparison is beyond me. 

Just now, Nova said:

And how do you know what I believe? Clearly those who are using summer weekdays to compare to this movie are trying to fit things into their agenda. Summer weekdays will always play out better than March weekdays. So how you can use that as a comparison is beyond me. 

I've seen the way you've been posting man its not an insult we all have certain beliefs on how do movie will do

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Oh really. Even though it's already almost 1/2 of the way there? Well, WB should be happy enough with 1B and change still.

Yes really . If Warner is happy then they had extremely low expectations . They threw everything but the kitchen sink in this movie and all they succeeded was to damage the prospects of a cinematic DC universe . I doubt many are foaming at the mouth for JL . 

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Some big markets will drop 60%+ next weekend. So yeah. 1B and change :)

• Like 1

BvS still almost 70% on MT. Apparently good wom is starting to spread.

I had it at 155M due to fear of the :sadben:.  effect.

This movie overcame that and then some. And he does a great job in this movie. 1 billion seems possible.

BvS made history, broke records and delivered great numbers, yet the haters here are trying to scratch every bit of negativity they can about it
Did u ever think that the Critics created some altered reality that doesn't exist?

They practically declared BvS is the most horrible film ever created, but in reality it isn't and much more ppl loving it than disliking it.

• Like 7