CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

30 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is insane. I have read everything and edited my post. Super hilarious stuff. I hope it is all a lie tbh.

The Wonder Woman rumour would be more believable if they had said reshoots rather than rewrites, the film's too far in production to do any major changes. 

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

That's not the case. Feige was in charge of Marvel well before Disney bought the company.

But in the end, Feige has become the sole King of the Marvel Kingdom (putting the other guy away) and Feige directly reports to Iger now.

26 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4170

Upon its release in 2012, The Hunger Games previously held the record for the widest March opening of all time (4,137 theaters) as it brought in $152.5 million, which is currently the largest March opening weekend of all-time. That is the bar Batman v Superman looks to hurdle this weekend and it will have a little help. The film's record March opening theater count includes 390 IMAX screens, 470 PLF locations, 150 D-Box theaters and more than 85% of all theaters will show the film in 3D. Add to that the additional benefit of screenings beginning as early as 6 PM on Thursday, but where there are benefits there are also complications.

Working against the film is the third and fourth rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament this weekend as well as a two-and-a-half-hour running time, but perhaps the most important blemish on its record is the critical savaging it has sustained. The film currently sits at a 31% rating at RottenTomatoes as of publication, a number that puts attention not only on the film's future prospects but also calls into question the value of a critical consensus when it comes to films with baked in audiences.

Damn you basketball. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, #ED said:

I hope you do.

Thanks, fingers crossed. Honestly, when BvS was announced I was over the moon and now my excitement is next to zero. I don't want to go through with this crap with JL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

Some people said that Wonder Woman is done, but isn't thta just the filming in Britain and there is some filming in France that that will still happen?

They still have some Themyscira scenes to film in Italy ... that will be worked on in a week or so after the press tour for BvS.  Then a few green screen things to finish in London.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

I just love how some still believe this is gonna be a giant crowd pleaser, trashed by critics but beloved by audiences.

Cute.

Don't stop believing as the song says I guess.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

When has this fight between Marvel-fans & DC-fans, ever started in BoxOffice.com?

It basically started as far back as the Mojo days, as far as I remember. And even before then, there've been wars between fans of major competing franchises: Transformers/Harry Potter, LOTR/Harry Potter, etc...

Just now, The Futurist said:

I just love how some still believe this is gonna be a giant crowd pleaser, trashed by critics but beloved by audiences.

Cute.

Don't stop believing at the song says I guess.

My gym mates who've seen it and who are not movie buffs at all told me it was 'dope' (the best translation I could find for 'misto':lol:).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Cute.

They are ignoring the fact that the things the critics are complaining about are exactly the things that tend to turn off the General Audience.

It will have a huge OW,but then will drop like a stone. MOS Redux.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

It basically started as far back as the Mojo days, as far as I remember. And even before then, there've been wars between fans of major competing franchises: Transformers/Harry Potter, LOTR/Harry Potter, etc...

I'm glad I wasn't there because I LOVE every single one of those franchises.:lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Cute.

Lmao, you are insane.