kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Oh great, the FilmSchool vs NotFilmSchool debate has finally entered our forums.

:unsure:

SWXII is just annoyed that like 99.99% of films, Batman vs. Superman probably won't be taught at film school for years and years.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Nobody will ever study BvS, TASM2, GL or B&R in film school unless to talk about what the hell went wrong. It's not about subjectivity, but good sense. ANH, definitely. TDK and TA? Maybe.

Yes they will study those movies. You have to study what not to do as the process of learning and those movies will serve as prime examples. :P

Edited by DMan7

1 hour ago, Blankie Cochran said:

I have this shirt with Thor, Captain America, Hulk, and Spider-Man teaming up. Clearly, Infinity War is going to be a pop culture phenomenon if people are already wearing shirts that show stuff from the movie!!!

I've got a couple shirts that say Star Wars on them. I think it might be a big also  ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Speaking of things that keep me from posting more often, the mods should clean up the design of the site, or reorganize it.  I mean, to even get down to see new posts  you have to scroll past 4 sub-forums and 10 freaking pinned threads.  This along with how slow it loads and operates is not a good user experience.  

You bring up strong points. Feel free to PM staff with suggestions. As far as Pinned threads. Please send suggestions or any type of hate mail to @Telemachos

• Like 6

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

No on TDK or TA either.

Hey! My screenwriting professor showed a scene from TA to show great character writing in terms of how each character had different motivations/agenda! I doubt he'll use that example for years and years though. But sadly no TDK.

• Like 2

You may not like BVS but I don't think anyone really considers it an absolute trash with no production quality in not even one scene. It's not like Green Lantern, that everything looked fake and ugly and wrong and unoriginal (even though I find that movie entertaining :popcorn:).

No on TDK or TA either.

No on TDK or TA either.

Not completely sure on either, but TDK was definitely influential. And TA changed how we think cinematic universes, so at least mentioned both would/should in the future. As good examples or when cinema went to hell? Not sure either.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yes they will study those movies. You have to study what not to do as the process of learning and those movies will serve as prime examples. :P

We don't get bad examples in film school. Some film professors think it's fine to watch bad movies on your own time and learn from them. Other film professors think that's a waste of time. Either ways, it's not a part of the classroom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Hey! My screenwriting professor showed a scene from TA to show great character writing in terms of how each character had different motivations/agenda! I doubt he'll use that example for years and years though. But sadly no TDK.

He was just trying to keep the attention of all you crazy millenials. :P

(I suppose any film could be shown in something like a Film History class.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

And yet all of this is just your opinion that it's all justified. Which is completely fine -- of course your opinion about the movie has as much value as mine or anyone else's -- but it's really just your opinion. "Fun" does not necessarily equal "light-weight" or "light-hearted". Nolan's movies were fairly dark. But they were also fun. What the critics are saying is that it wasn't entertaining for them.  For you to claim this is incorrect -- that stating their opinion is wrong -- is the height of hubris. Have some self-reflection, please.

My claim is that Nolan as a director is untouched and unmatched in his story telling , even those who hated the dark themes had to like it because the direction was legendary. Nolan isn't touchable by Snyder's or whedons etc but you have to realize the character of Nolan movies was batman. Guess which character is the most fun in this movie along with wonder woman , it's batman. He fits the dark theme anyway. If Nolan made a superman movie which was dark there would have been somewhat of a similar backlash. Here the critics for the most part are saying batman cannot be so brutal and superman can not struggle this much. As I said they have a director who is admitedly much less influential and liked as Snyder and his tone is not something many critics like especially when it comes to superman . Very few critics are critiquing the movie itself over characterization and tone of the movie as a major point of contention 

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I suggested somewhere that BvS was supposed to do a tiny bit more than just making money.

Reveal hidden contents

And people heard you the first time, no need to keep repeating yourself.

7 minutes ago, #ED said:

You bring up strong points. Feel free to PM staff with suggestions. As far as Pinned threads. Please send suggestions or any type of hate mail to @Telemachos

Do you have an address for physical mail?  It's my preferred method.

Spoiler

note.jpg

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3