abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The fact that people are mad about Rth not giving the number tells me he was right to do so. He's like a parent, sometimes he has to be withholding. It's for our own good

It's like he gets off on being withholding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bapi said:

Deadline confirmed 12.2M five mins ago. ;)

Found it. Thanks.

So best Tuesday in March evah!

Crossing 200M in less than a week. And likely a half billion global today or tomorrow.

Seems like a good start to me.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Please tell me I did not see someone blame the shooting in DC for the Tuesday drop of Batman v Superman

You did not. You're suffering a disturbance medically known as optical illusions - your eyes want to make you presence what sheer, insolent and dangerous ignorance looks like.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I'm not terribly surprised the drop was a bit steep yesterday given the better hold on Monday. Not a great number though but Wednesday will give us a better idea for the weekend

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VGPOP said:

I can say this much. People are talking here about hater or labeling someone who is a hater because he/she disliked movie. But in the end, there are some members, and I am not talking one or two people, who do want the movie to fail because this means WB may put a stop in their plans to continue the other movies for DC comics.

Those with this agenda don't care at all and do enjoy seeing movie failing at the box office.

They only want their comic book heroes in the big screen. They can't stand the sight of someone else taking their places.

If you deny this, you are blind.

I don't think this is necessarily fair.  This movie is not going to be some giant financial failure, but for many of us who are hoping for at least the perception of underperformance, it is not because we only want to see "our" characters on screen.  It's because we love these characters, and we have a fundamental distaste for Zack Snyder's take on them, and we'd like to see the post-Snyder DCEU era start sooner rather than later.

Now, maybe that is unfair to those who are enjoying his work so far, but I would argue it's not coming from some place of mean-spiritedness (except from some), but actual affection for the characters and the universe.

• Like 3