abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

This thread has already descended into madness... I think I said something about this yesterday in a comment about people better expect a decrease.... *sigh*

I think I will need to start avoiding this site for big releases - its too much trying to discuss intelligently around all the garbage.

Live. Madness. Repeat. 

insta1.gif

• Like 6

Perhaps we should wait for the other numbers for the rest of the movies?

Not a bad idea huh? Considering Zootopia had its best Monday since its start.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's because we love these characters, and we have a fundamental distaste for Zack Snyder's take on them, and we'd like to see the post-Snyder DCEU era start sooner rather than later.

But that carries a great deal of assumption -- first, that Snyder's would-be replacement would deliver characters you'd find more enjoyable, and secondly, that the movies would automatically be better. 

In the latter case, removing him off JL and finding a quick replacement would almost certainly mean an even-greater mishmash of competing styles and an assembly-by-committee final product. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Best Tuesday ever in March, what a flop

When the "holy trinity" and 2/3 of the best known superheroes in the world (Spider-man is another one) only make $350-$400 million total in their first appearance on the big screen, there's no reason to act those numbers are anything better than average, if that.

• Like 1

I think we need to be cautious in interpreting a single daily number. One daily number will often make us go "amazing" or "terrible", but it really ends up coming down to the contours of the week as a whole. It's possible that with a steep Tuesday drop, the Wednesday drop will be somewhat better than usual. Certainly we will make our daily observations and analyses as we do as box office nerds, but I do think we could all stand to be more humble and respectful in our statements. 

We also don't know how the drop compares to the other films on Tuesday yet.

I don't post much on here, but I have to say that I am personally a fan of rth's 'teaser' posts - this has been one of the more interesting threads to read.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But that carries a great deal of assumption -- first, that Snyder's would-be replacement would deliver characters you'd find more enjoyable, and secondly, that the movies would automatically be better. 

In the latter case, removing him off JL and finding a quick replacement would almost certainly mean an even-greater mishmash of competing styles and an assembly-by-committee final product. 

All true.   But I've seen pretty clearly what Snyder's vision for these characters is.  I personally don't want to see any more of it.

And I agree that just bringing in another director to start shooting in two weeks is not likely to produce a great product.  The minimum hope I would have would be an Ant-Man situation, where a new director is brought in and shooting is pushed back at least six weeks while the script is reworked.  No guarantee of anything, but at least a glimmer of optimism that we might get something enjoyable (speaking only for my own tastes).

5 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I think we need to be cautious in interpreting a single daily number. One daily number will often make us go "amazing" or "terrible", but it really ends up coming down to the contours of the week as a whole. It's possible that with a steep Tuesday drop, the Wednesday drop will be somewhat better than usual. Certainly we will make our daily observations and analyses as we do as box office nerds, but I do think we could all stand to be more humble and respectful in our statements. 

We also don't know how the drop compares to the other films on Tuesday yet.

I don't post much on here, but I have to say that I am personally a fan of rth's 'teaser' posts - this has been one of the more interesting threads to read.

Peace,

Mike

Yea, we've been saying this for 15 years.  No one listens.

642x361_Natural_Home_Remedies_for_Knee_P       jerkk.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

When the "holy trinity" and 2/3 of the best known superheroes in the world (Spider-man is another one) only make $350-$400 million total in their first appearance on the big screen, there's no reason to act those numbers are anything better than average, if that.

There's no reason to expect this movie to behave like a commercial movie. 

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Are we still disputing the film has mixed word of mouth?

No one has brought up WOM in this daily thread but iJack. Surprise, surprise.