abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

12m is not bad. Just had an inflated Monday. Hopefully it doesn't drop too much today.

I'm curious about the OS number though. $46m Mon to a 20m Tuesday. Is that normal ? I know Monday was a holiday in lots of OS countries. Just curious.

Never mind.

eta: 46m was the global total. I got it now.

Edited by ecstasy

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Im not ignoring anything. Some of u are just looking for negativity when there isnt any. Keep it going though. It sute is entertaining

Ok buddy. If you don't think comparing the two movies but not mentioning the significant difference in their Monday drops isn't misleading, I don't really know what to say.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Half a billion dollars (already doubed its budget) in a little over six days.  :)

#crumbling     #flop   #flopmanvsuperflop    #nobodycaresaboutthetrinity      #fireZachSnyder  #ijackisunhappy

Edited by Cochofles

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Watchmen was alright but it was made as nothing more than a visually strong crowd pleaser. And the only thing that's artful about Sucker Punch is how badly it tanked, because it deepthroated a shitdick as whatever it was, popcorn flick or "art film" according to you and any Snyder fans/diehards/trolls/who cares.

Why would WB let this guy bring his vision to the world if his vision is supposedly not commercially viable? You think that directors are just given second chances post the failure of their films like that, son? WB only let Snyder in simply because he had the luck of being handpicked by Nolan, who enjoyed what he did w/Watchmen and 300. Too bad that Chris didn't notice that Snyder's vision for what Superman, Batman and the other characters of the DCverse that he says he loves isn't exactly.... good.

On pen and paper the idea could have been good. I thought BvS was pretty terrible but even I can see that somewhere a great film could have come from it. I just feel Snyder clearly hasnt executed the vision well enough.

BvS is already a hit. Why failing to reach 350m or 1 billion considered a disappointment? Marvel's highest grossing film before TA was IM2. BvS crushes that number both domestically and internationally. Now if JLA misses 1 billion that's a different story, but we are not there yet. BvS might still finish ahead of Deadpool and CW isn't locked for 400m either.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
Add

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Half a billion dollars (already doubed its budget) in a little over six days.  :)

#crumbling     #flop   #flopmanvsuperflop    #nobodycaresaboutthetrinity      #fireZachSnyder  #ijackisunhappy

It's not quite that simple when it comes to making its money back 

I agree with the #fireZackSnyder one. Cause really, I don't wanna see the Justice League rip Darkseid's head off and proceed to feed it to the pythons like Snyder probably envisions it going right now.

Well, okay, maybe not "fire", but certainly demote him to producer or CGI supervisioner or something.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

BvS is already a hit. Why failing to reach 350m or 1 billion considered a disappointment? Marvel's highest grossing film before TA was IM2. BvS crushes that number both domestically and internationally. Now if JLA misses 1 billion that's a different story, but we are not there yet. BvS might still finish ahead of Deadpool and CW isn't locked for 400m either.

Mainly because if that happens, it would fall way short of its competitors. Surely you know that image matters.

It's bound to have big WW numbers because of their release strategy. How long it can sustain it and if it has enough gas to cross $900m let alone $1b is unclear. Not saying that's the threshold for success, but I don't think WB would be very happy with it either, and most of all they shouldn't. 

If it's incapable of crossing $1b with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, I think it's obvious they should take their time to get the Justice League right. I don't think it's coincidence that we are getting press releases today from THR saying that Ben Affleck has written a Batman script as an option to WB. I actually think it's the right move to go for a solo Batman film while they figure it out what to make of Justice League, but I don't know what their next move will be. Hoping for the best, as usual.

The bar for success isn't Avatar and TFA.

It's other Warner Bros movies.

BvS will be one of WB's biggest films in history, it's a success for them.

It's a sequel to MOS and a Batman reboot, 900 m to 1 billion is a win for WB.

• Like 6

just got curious, when will the franchise fatigue kick in for all the comic book movies? never? When the first Avengers movie came out it felt like such a big event but now we have Civil War, Infinity War, GoG, Justice League, and all the other Marvel/DC characters' solo movies and it feels less and less special.

If we look head to head DC is edging Marvel with ease. Obviously TA's total remains on top, but even with TA leading the way DC's first phase out grosses Marvel as it seems. IM did slightly more than MoS but BvS is doing more than Thor and CW combined.

Edited by The Dark Alfred