abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

I really don't care whether it's $12M or $16M, I don't see how it makes much of a difference to anything. The movie is going to land between $375M and $430M at best, and neither of those are anything but laughable totals for a movie that cost $250M to make (or more, who knows, really). I don't have a horse in this race, it doesn't matter to me. My only TRUE box office horse is Star Wars and the rest is just fun to watch. 

It's fun to watch BVS here at the box office because it's such a massive expense and so much hope rides on it from WB, but the movie was just not handled well. Superman is my favorite comic book character actually, and the first two Nolan Batman movies are among the best films of the past ten years for me, really. Or wait when did Batman Begins come out? Anyway, whatever, they were great films. I'm definitely not a hater. But this movie... and Man of Steel... really did some damage to two of my favorite characters. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

gonna be fun seeing trolls like ijack, extasy and jonathan if the number is actually 16 million. Which is more likely since there is 12 and a 3.99 and 4 up in the corner. So this thread of 12 if we dont even know if its 12 or 16 does not make sense

An increase today would not make sense. Thinking maybe the number is 12.4

Edited by eXtacy

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

You guys are bashing a Tuesday that no one has a clue what the total is so far.

Please, feel free to feel like an idiot if it's not 12.

Who is bashing? Who is overreacting?

Yesterday there was a decent hold that people commented on and Rth was spot on. Actually "be spot on" is the whole Asgardian thing, can we comment on it? I don't think people here are acting like idiots, just acting civilly like yesterday. It'd be cool to keep it that way.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, #ED said:

You guys are bashing a Tuesday that no one has a clue what the total is so far.

Please, feel free to feel like an idiot if it's not 12.

There is a 3.99 next to 12. We don't know whether it 12 or 16

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I really don't care whether it's $12M or $16M, I don't see how it makes much of a difference to anything. The movie is going to land between $375M and $430M at best, and neither of those are anything but laughable totals for a movie that cost $250M to make (or more, who knows, really). I don't have a horse in this race, it doesn't matter to me. My only TRUE box office horse is Star Wars and the rest is just fun to watch. 

It's fun to watch BVS here at the box office because it's such a massive expense and so much hope rides on it from WB, but the movie was just not handled well. Superman is my favorite comic book character actually, and the first two Nolan Batman movies are among the best films of the past ten years for me, really. Or wait when did Batman Begins come out? Anyway, whatever, they were great films. I'm definitely not a hater. But this movie... and Man of Steel... really did some damage to two of my favorite characters. 

you know whats laughable is you saying you are not a hater yet you are hating on this movie and MoS :wacko:

26 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think what is most interesting is the trend that is setting in since Sunday that it's slowly going under F7. Which makes sense, given the overall negativity towards the film. They literally haven't stopped, and I don't think they'll stop anytime soon. The bad buzz is an event on itself already, I actually believe it could be worse with more of middle of the road reviews. It became a running gag.

What did I tell you guys yesterday about ??

ijack uses drama to down a movie or up a movie. 

Just now, jb007 said:

There is a 3.99 next to 12. We don't know whether it 12 or 16

When you google "batman superman 12" and go to images, that's one of the covers that show up. Rth's choice of cover was him being the facetious god he is. :P

7 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

An increase today would make not make sense. Thinking maybe the number is 12.4

so if you say an increasy does not make sense why does a troll like you gloat over a 12 m figure or 12.4  (if it actually is that) .So what will actually be a good number if it can only fall 13-14 which isnt even long from 12.4 or 12 ?

Edited by mredman

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

When you google "batman superman 12" and go to images, that's one of the covers that show up. Rth's choice of cover was him being the facetious god he is. :P

Could be. Rth can clarify with another cryptic hint. :lol:

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

you know whats laughable is you saying you are not a hater yet you are hating on this movie and MoS :wacko:

I like most comic book films. I think Nolans batman films are, for the most part, fantastic. I found Man of Steel to be passable. I saw BvS and honestly I found it no good at all. Excuse us for wanting a bad film to do less business.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

I like most most comic book films. I think Nolans batman films are, for the most part, fantastic. I found Man of Steel to be passable. I saw BvS and honestly I found it no good at all. Excuse us for wanting a bad film to do less business.

Us? You mean 3 out of 10 becomes a significant amount of folks ?

Edited by hasanahmad

Just now, jb007 said:

Could be. Rth can clarify with another cryptic hint. :lol:

I just like how he is doing his thing right now. I hope he keeps doing to all the superhero films this year from now on. Also picking covers going with themes or fun covers and stuff, haha. 

I don't think we thank him enough for it either. We are not worthy. :worthy:

• Like 5

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I just like how he is doing his thing right now. I hope he keeps doing to all the superhero films this year from now on. Also picking covers going with themes or fun covers and stuff, haha. 

I don't think we thank him enough for it either. We are not worthy. :worthy:

Oh the drama ...