abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

you know whats laughable is you saying you are not a hater yet you are hating on this movie and MoS :wacko:

Really? I'm a hater because I don't like something? That seems kind of ridiculous. I didn't HATE Man of Steel, for the record, it had a lot of well done elements. It was not a BAD movie, and saying it's a bad movie is basically a huge overreaction because a bad movie is The Blair Witch Project, something with crap production values, laughably bad acting, and just... garbage. Man of Steel was extremely well made, it looks gorgeous, and it has its moments. What bothered me was the butchered Superman story (he doesn't immediately reveal himself to Lois Lane, you ruined the entire character with that one moment!), the final battle had spectacle, yes, but it didn't have much excitement. It was kind of boring, honestly. There was NO humor, which is a constant problem in these films. Even the most serious movies should have humor -- it's actually what makes the drama seem that much more compelling. I don't care what the subject, there is room for humor here and there. You know how they say it's the DIFFERENCE that makes something stand out? That's exactly the case with a humorless movie. If it's ALL serious, it doesn't seem that serious, after all. It seems kind of stilted and lame. It's like how if you spend a few hours outside and it's 100 degrees, then you walk inside and it's 78, it feels pretty cool, even though actually 78 is miserably hot for the indoors. It's about the difference in temperatures not the actual temperature.

To call someone a hater any time they don't like a movie fully is a ridiculous claim to make. These are movies, they are pieces of art, and everyone will appreciate or not appreciate them on a different scale. For me, Man of Steel was a B- film. I looked forward to that movie so much, I truly wanted it to be an A or A+, and it wasn't anywhere close. It LOOKED really good from the trailers, which I loved, so maybe that's why I was also let down so much. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Really? I'm a hater because I don't like something? That seems kind of ridiculous. I didn't HATE Man of Steel, for the record, it had a lot of well done elements. It was not a BAD movie, and saying it's a bad movie is basically a huge overreaction because a bad movie is The Blair Witch Project, something with crap production values, laughably bad acting, and just... garbage. Man of Steel was extremely well made, it looks gorgeous, and it has its moments. What bothered me was the butchered Superman story (he doesn't immediately reveal himself to Lois Lane, you ruined the entire character with that one moment!), the final battle had spectacle, yes, but it didn't have much excitement. It was kind of boring, honestly. There was NO humor, which is a constant problem in these films. Even the most serious movies should have humor -- it's actually what makes the drama seem that much more compelling. I don't care what the subject, there is room for humor here and there. You know how they say it's the DIFFERENCE that makes something stand out? That's exactly the case with a humorless movie. If it's ALL serious, it doesn't seem that serious, after all. It seems kind of stilted and lame. It's like how if you spend a few hours outside and it's 100 degrees, then you walk inside and it's 78, it feels pretty cool, even though actually 78 is miserably hot for the indoors. It's about the difference in temperatures not the actual temperature.

To call someone a hater any time they don't like a movie fully is a ridiculous claim to make. These are movies, they are pieces of art, and everyone will appreciate or not appreciate them on a different scale. For me, Man of Steel was a B- film. I looked forward to that movie so much, I truly wanted it to be an A or A+, and it wasn't anywhere close. It LOOKED really good from the trailers, which I loved, so maybe that's why I was also let down so much. 

Again

tone policing. A constant complaint . 

So you are telling me there was not a single joke 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Really? I'm a hater because I don't like something?

Are you trying to discuss with mredman?

Look at his post history, guy has been super aggressive and attacking anyone who dare to say something "bad" about BvS.

Don't waste your time. :lol:

• Like 1

Let's see...

Tue: 12.0

Wed: 8.4 (-30%  similar to F7)

Thu: 7.5 (-10%)

Fri: 16.5 (+120%)

Sat: 23.1 (+40%)

Sun: 15.0 (-35%)

2nd Wknd: 54.6m (-67%)   Cume: 263.5m

With Furious 7 drops from here it ends with...356m. Furious had drops of 51% and 38% on 3rd and 4th weeknds. I dont see BvS doing better. Can this fall behind 350m DOM? :blink:.

Seems very difficult to me to reach Deadpool unless Friday increase surprises...

To do 380m BVS will need stronger holds than F7. I have given it an optimistic Wed.

166m ow

9 (-25%)

8 (-11%) [44m 1st weekdays]

18.50 (+131%)

26.25 (+42%)

17.25 (-34%) [62m 2nd weekend]

272m cume + 110m = 382m.

I don't think it will have stronger holds than F7 though.

If Rth's cryptic message is 12m and Wed is below 9m (more than a 25% drop), I would bet on ~365m.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hmm... WHAT?!

Anyway, I think these are isolated cases:

The last tweet though. :lol:

So WB expects the customers to pay more for a shitty product? Lol, desperate times.

When BvS does good numbers, people on here mostly make up excuses as to why that happened or refuse to acknowledge it, when it does less good numbers "TOLD YA"! :D

Anyway, did great yday domestic and overseas, as long as it doesn't drop 65 % +, we good.

4 hours ago, mredman said:

wow the trolls lol. please do tell why 12 million is bad on a freakin normal weekday with school and work ?

#becauseZachsnydersucksthisfilmisanabominationihatedceumarvelrulescivilwarwillgross2billionnobodycaresaboutthetrinityandiamamarveltrollwhohatesdcfansandDCEUNeedstoshutdown

Edited by Cochofles