WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

I don't see Flash, Cyborg, or Aquaman making Ant Man numbers.

They're looking at Incredible Hulk numbers until they prove themselves.

Marvel had to earn a broad fanbase.

And they only made it look easy. Many superhero movies have tried and failed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I encourage people to watch Midnight Special when they can. Fantastic film.

Good to hear, the film looks promissing.

I guess Jeff Nichols can do no wrong, the guy makes interesting films even when he fails.

11 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Hi. Do we have #s for the good movies (Eye In The Sky, My Name Is Doris, Midnight Special, Everybody Wants Some)?

Grr I want to see all of those movies but won't be able to until they come out for home viewing. Although the only movie in all of April that I have rooted interest in seeing is in The Jungle Book so maybe we'll get around to catching one of those (although Everybody Wants Some takes top priority, I could use a comedy right now).

Elsewhere, Bleecker Street is using the opportunity to expand Eye in the Sky nationwide into 1,029 theaters. The drone drama, starring Helen Mirren, could earn as much as $4 million, bringing its total domestic gross to more than $6 million.

-THR 

Slaying! Word of mouth is kicking in. 

200.gif

Where do you guys see Zootopia ending? It'd end with 321m following Cinderella drops from last weekend. So far legs has been better than that. I guess Minions (336m) is very well in play and 330m looks like a given. Holy fuck!

• Like 2

It's nice to know that in a world that has sadly allowed [mod edit: annoying fame-seekers] like the Kardashians to be famous, there are also women like Helen Mirren who are famous. There is some balance. 

I think Zootopia has an outside shot at $350m. 

With 19m I don't see how it falls below 60m

19 + 25.65 (+35%) + 15.85 (-38%) = 60.5m

If Sat is around +45% then 63m would happen.

18m Friday would lead to 57-60m with those Sat and Sun.

BVS's weekdays were 1.5m behind F7. If it can make up for that by getting a 2nd weekend which is 1.5-2m bigger (61-62m), it will have a shot at 370m+ with same legs as F7.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Hi. Do we have #s for the good movies (Eye In The Sky, My Name Is Doris, Midnight Special, Everybody Wants Some)? Also I need The Witch to top Ex Machina. 

BvS is decent if you know what to look for.

It helps if you like Batman. This movie shows a version of Batman that has never been seen onscreen before.

I loved seen this 1%/alpha male/Mad Men version of Bruce Wayne. It was kind of exciting to see. And Batman is a force of nature, a pure spectacle to behold.

I hope Affleck refines Snyder's Batman and Bruce Wayne then runs with it.

There's definitely potential for something special.

27 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It's nice to know that in a world that has sadly allowed shallow, worthless cock sucking prostitutes like the Kardashians to be famous, there are also women like Helen Mirren who are famous. There is some balance. 

I think Zootopia has an outside shot at $350m. 

Gal Gadot is the best of both worlds.

A classy femme fatale you want to see get ravished by a mandingo.

:ph34r:

:apocalypse:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

Just now, Rth said:

everyone got wrong today it seems BvS looking like only going to do about 15, Zoo 5.5

Oh my.

Everybody STAY CALM! Don't do this to poor Tele and #Ed and Water Bottle (do it to CJohn though cause his recent shenanigans deserve it :P)

• Like 2