WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Giving it +45% Sat and -35.5% Sun,

15 + 21.75 + 14 = 50.75m

16m gives 54.1m.

Splitting the difference gives 52.5m.

F7 added 101.5m more to it's cume after a 59.6m 2nd weekend.

Using 52.5m BVS will be on 261.5m after the 2nd weekend and then would add 90m at most for a dom of 351.5m.

But that is again assuming that it's holds will be same as F7 after the 2nd weekend.

If it falls behind further...don't even want to think about it.

It needs 53m+ this weekend for 350m+ dom to be a lock.

Just now, narniadis said:

Its behaving like a Twilight film ;) no joke.....

I really thought under 350 was crazy, but if it does manage to sneak under the 50m mark this weekend - boom that is totally on the table.

Dude. Under $300m is possible if this goes under $50m this weekend. Literally under $300m is possible. Hell under MoS. That's how insane this is. It's literally sinking. 

Just now, grey ghost said:

Snyder needs 900 m WW for job security.

Can we all agree on that?

But again don't the cameras start to roll in 1 week?  When was the last time a major project was pulled the week before production was to start?

• Like 1

Just now, AJ2k said:

I'm not sure how anyone who's watched this movie couldn't have seen this drop coming. 

The near total lack of competition should've helped. This is a total unforced error.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Holy SHIT. I thought that $52.8m was a fairly reasonable estimate. This is dropping under $50m. Insanity. 

Alright, Zack Snyder's Justice League is dead. Only lunatics would follow through if this thing goes under $50m first weekend. I can't even think of estimates based on a drop like this. If goes $48m or lower, that's literally the record of a drop from a first weekend to the next from a superhero film. Hell it might be the biggest drop from any film that went above $150m. Speechless. 

tumblr_m0c8l6S0X91rqfhi2o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nzmzrlN1F11te58zi_500.gif

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Universal is already releasing The Boss next weekend (where it will most likely take #1 now, $20M+ should be achievable) so that wasn't going to happen.

I think the Boss would have done just as well in the Huntsman spot but Huntsman would have done a bit more opening next week.

Really the studios really fell down here.  Even f BvS was performing better there's no reason they made May so cramped and left half of April almost barren.

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

Is Justice League really that far in production? If not I can see WB stalling it and maybe focusing on a Ben Affleck Batman film or two first 

That would make the most sense. Push back Justice League, bump up Batman and maybe Flash and/or Aquaman.

Just now, John Marston said:

Is Justice League really that far in production? If not I can see WB stalling it and maybe focusing on a Ben Affleck Batman film or two first 

Don't go there, I have been waiting all of my life for a JL movie ... good or bad I'll take it.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Its behaving like a Twilight film ;) no joke.....

I really thought under 350 was crazy, but if it does manage to sneak under the 50m mark this weekend - boom that is totally on the table.

If it's going under 55m weekend....350m is gone.  Furious 7 made 102m more after a 59m second weekend. BvS will be at 259m after a 50m weekend....Math doesnt work in favour of Batman....and Deadpool is laughing somewhere.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Snyder needs 900 m WW for job security.

Can we all agree on that?

It's not getting to $900m. And I think that it's obvious at this point that Snyder isn't directing Justice League anymore. This isn't Transformers like we've been saying all the fucking long. Films with big fanbases that need "validation" to their habit like superhero films live and die by buzz. Snyder is done. Now Warner needs to understand that this isn't the characters fault OR the actors fault, but Zack Snyder and whoever made the decisions on the script. And I feel that the blame shouldn't be on Terrio's shoulder. He did what Snyder asked him to. 

I'm literally rumbling at this point I'll smoke a lucky. 

• Like 1