WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Just now, mredman said:

you are a troll we all know that. Its below DH2 drop and another i just saw a list. this movie is dark with a bleakish ending. 

Reveal hidden contents

Keep that in mind.

I wonder if it ever gets tiring calling anyone takes issue with the movie a "hater" or a "troll."

Just ban this dude for a while, mods. The horse was beaten dead a long time ago. Now he's just clobbering a rotting corpse.

• Like 3

Just now, Chewy said:

So 50M. With actuals just under 50

Sounds about right.

This is really surprising to me. I mean, I'm aware that WOM is at best mixed, but the dailies were not really that bad, definitely not bad enough to give indication of such drop like this for weekend. And without any competitions from openers too. Yikes.

• Like 1

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Is there really a rule in place right now banning movie bashing? Isn't that kind of...silly? 

Yes but we have a lot of myopic posters joining us for the month and it's been a pain for the mods to deal with. So fight fire with fire

• Like 1

Just now, FilmBuff said:

LOL at people trying to defend that drop for such a shitty movie. The DCCU is going up in flames, and I don't see WB having any choice to push back the JL movie. They seriously need to boot Hack Snyder. He murdered two different franchises. Seriously GTFOH. 

sports-fails-gifs-baseball-kid.gif

Can u pls respect other opinions than just your own?
Your hate is driving you crazy, because of ppl like you I come to these boards less and less.

• Like 1

So, let's try to guess the next weekends grosses for BVS:

Weekend 1: 166 million

Weekend 2: 53 million ( 68% drop )

Now I don't know about the next weekends. So, I'll try to be as pessimistic as possible and imagine that there'll be always a 50% drop. Yeah, too pessimistic, but I like it more that way. MOS had 14 weeks and even most of the weekends drops were smaller than 50%. So, that's why I'm being pessimistic.

Weekend 3: 26 million ( basically a 50% drop from weekend 2 )

Weekend 4: 13 million

Weekend 5: 6,5 million

Weekend 6: 3.2 million

Weekend 7: 1.6 million

Weekend 8: 800.000

Weekend 9: 400.000

Weekend 10: 200.000

Weekend 11: 100.000

Weekend 12: 50.000

Weekend 13: 25.000

Weekend 14: 12.000

Note that we don't know how BVS will perform during next weeks ( so, I'm ignoring weekly grosses and only focusing on weekends for now )

If you add all the possible weekend grosses considering a 50% drop, BVS has more 50 or 51 million left to do. 

So, we now have 209 million domestic. More 53 million and we'll get to 262 million. More 51 million ( from next weekends ) and we'll get 313 million. We'll have weekly numbers to add. So, I think we might get 350 million domestic, but nothing above that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

you are a troll we all know that. Its below DH2 drop and another i just saw a list. this movie is dark with a bleakish ending. 

Reveal hidden contents

Keep that in mind.

I'm a troll? It sounds like you're the troll who can't except the fact that this movie is dropping at a historic pace. Everyone in this thread sees that, even the people who loved the movie, except for you. But I'm the troll. 

• Like 1

The truth is, any defenders here are being told to f off basically. It's an interesting social experiment though, everyone's true colors are showing and it's pretty ugly. To those asking why I or other people who like the film care so much? You might say it's just a film, but seeing such vehement hate and negativity directed against the film ever since the beginning, well, for a fan, it's kind of saddening, granted, it's "just" a film but it's tiring, and repetitive, and predictable. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You seem to have accepted it pretty well man, not the meltdown we were expecting.

Like I said, a meltdown would be something around 16M. 15M is just hilariously sad. I have no choice but to laugh at this implosion :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Sounds about right.

This is really surprising to me. I mean, I'm aware that WOM is at best mixed, but the dailies were not really that bad, definitely not bad enough to give indication of such drop like this for weekend. And without any competitions from openers too. Yikes.

The lack of competition is what's most troubling about this number, it had everything going for it this weekend to hold well globally other than MAYBE saying it's still a month away from the official summer season but even that's a stretch. We've seen the line drawn over "seasons" & best months be blurred a lot more recently.

• Like 3