WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 hours ago, department store basement said:

To lighten up the tone of this thread...

What's everyone on this forum excited for that's coming out this April?

Midnight Special, Hardcore Henry, Jungle Book, Captain America: Civil War

Just now, Chewy said:

Richard Dawkins, I imagine

Lol, he can be abrasive, I've read his book The God Delusion.  I've also read Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris's books.  Entertaining and occasionally provocative reads.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Richard Dawkins, I imagine

Yeah him, and the whole thing in general. I just can't stand those smug atheist assholes, like the whole Atheist Movement is something I don't want to hear about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

I put Son of God in a different category than God's Not Dead--they both appeal to Christian audiences, but you have the movies set in Biblical times and the ones in the present. I was comparing God's Not Dead to Heaven Is For Real, War Room, Miracles from Heaven...they came later, the reviews are better (not great but not 14-15 percent on RT bad). If you want a "modern" Christian movie you have options...maybe a better release date would have helped for GND2 but they needed to dial it back several notches. Even the "War on Christmas" people saw that trailer and thought, "Yeah that's a bit much."

Yeah, I'm a Christian and I will never, ever watch a movie that posits white Christians as victims in America. It makes me furious just thinking about it. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Yeah him, and the whole thing in general. I just can't stand those smug atheist assholes, like the whole Atheist Movement is something I don't want to hear about. 

They be offensive sometimes, but I'd take them over Europe's Saudi funded hate preaching clerics that are actually dangerous which is becoming a big problem.

Edited by Ozymandias

5 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

They're not atheists, they're antitheists. Some of them like Christopher Hitchens precisely define themselves as that.

"I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful."

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

They be offensive sometimes, but I'd take them over Europe's Saudi funded hate preaching clerics that are actually dangerous which is becoming a big problem.

I know I know it's a big complex issue and there's all kinds of horrible stuff being done that's fueled by religion, I just don't agree with the idea that all religion is essentially harmful like some of those guys do. 

But this is a discussion for another thread. 

• Like 1

I saw Greek Wedding 2 (don't ask). It's so, so bad. She had FOURTEEN YEARS to develop that damn script. It's weird how no one in the cast aged except the white guy. Nina Varwhatever looks younger and better than she did 14 years ago. Forget black -- it's Greeks who don't crack. 

• Like 2