grim22

Birth of a Nation | Fox Searchlight | Sundance Grand Jury Prize. ONLY DISCUSS THE MOVIE AND BOX OFFICE IN THIS THREAD.

Just now, DAR said:

Never misjudge an executive's ability to see if they can still make money.

Releasing the movie, they can debate. Sending Parker out to churches to talk about social injustice, though?

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Don't talk to me. 

Yes, likewise.

I have the feeling you don't have any objectivity in your system whatsoever. 

Vague outrage is the worst type, it summons the unsubstantiated assumptions of others of the same ilk. 

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

You ought to just put the computer away and never use it again.

Why? Because I hold a legal opinion and don't get swept up in internet outrage?

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

This was the largest payment for a movie ever at Sundance, correct? This should have been really easy to figure out. Do a fuckin' background check.

Didn't Parker also agree only if the studio would give it a wide release off the bat and not platform it like 12 Years a Slave did? Yikes.

2 minutes ago, comicbookguy said:

So, 'no comment' would have been a better response to you?

Yes. The interview made him look terrible. Probably because he is terrible and that's hard to hide. Most bad people don't know they are bad. That's why the press tour for this movie will be a nightmare for Fox.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

How much you wanna bet that Fox is debating whether they can market this movie as "the most controversial movie ever" now? You just know some exec is thinking along those lines as a way to recoup cash.

I wonder if they'll try selling it off tbh. They paid $20M for a PR nightmare.

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

How much you wanna bet that Fox is debating whether they can market this movie as "the most controversial movie ever" now? You just know some exec is thinking along those lines as a way to recoup cash.

Eh, no. I don't think they're that dumb.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Absolutely. It's your best option as well.

Yes, because letting the defamation on your part (and everyone else echoing it) run rampant is the better option.

I've been accused of poisoning the well in other threads where I called out for the Amber and Johnny issue, but you people are quite literally 'poisoning the well.' 

@Tele the Jet Baller

Edited by comicbookguy

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Better off just release the 1915 film instead.

• Like 2