grim22

Birth of a Nation | Fox Searchlight | Sundance Grand Jury Prize. ONLY DISCUSS THE MOVIE AND BOX OFFICE IN THIS THREAD.

i feel like foxS are just gonna release the movie as planned. not else much they can do. it'll take a hit but i'm not sure it's as doa as you guys think it is. i wont see it though. i know it'll just make me mad. i rewatched ed wood like a month ago, one of my all-time favourites, and just felt uncomfortable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like foxS are just gonna release the movie as planned. not else much they can do. it'll take a hit but i'm not sure it's as doa as you guys think it is. i wont see it though. i know it'll just make me mad. i rewatched ed wood like a month ago, one of my all-time favourites, and just felt uncomfortable.

Release it as planned, maybe, but with a whole lot less promotion.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Release it as planned, maybe, but with a whole lot less promotion.

yeah, less promotion sure. maybe fox searchlight will go after a film with no distribution at one of the fall festivals to get a new #1 awards push. clearly it's meant to be this they don't really have anything else this year, maybe time to find a new basket to put those eggs in.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, comicbookguy said:

Yes, because letting the defamation on your part (and everyone else echoing it) run rampant is the better option.

I've been accused of poisoning the well in other threads where I called out for the Amber and Johnny issue, but you people are quite literally 'poisoning the well.' 

@Tele the Jet Baller

If you feel a person has poisoned the well please use the report feature.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

If you feel a person has poisoned the well please use the report feature.

To be fair, Nate Parker poisoned the well by doing everything he did. ;)

He's a witch! Burn 'em!

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Nevada said:

If you don't wanna give your money to this film, there's a book called The Confessions of Nat Turner that's supposed to be pretty great. Won the Pulitzer prize and stuff. 

I've read the book and highly recommend it. The subject matter is disturbing but a must read to get a clear picture of the horrors of American slavery.

Just like most critics had to stay quiet with GB. Nowadays people can't even say what they think.

This movie is dead. OS it has 0 potential without big nominations and DOM the shadow of this case will destroy it. 

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

Surely you could find it yourself. ;)

Just FYI, regarding your complaint that I'm not positive about things, I wanted to be positive about this film.

I've used it enough times. I'll let someone else post it for a change.

It should be a permanent BOT meme lol.