CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I think Lion King's a perfect film so I don't see a need for a remake. However, Bambi has a lot more potential with a writer willing to flesh out his reaction to his mom's death and his courtship of Faline

Again, a Bambi movie would just a bunch of CGI animals. Not happening. All the movies they are adapting have human characters. 

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

Again, a Bambi movie would just a bunch of CGI animals. Not happening. All the movies they are adapting have human characters. 

Disney doesn't care. It will make $$$ so who gives a shit if it has physical actors or not.

Also, think about something like Andy Serkis's Jungle Book, which does have physical actors despite virtually no human characters.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

maybe they should give the dude who killed bambi's mom his own maleficent-esque back story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Disney doesn't care. It will make $$$ so who gives a shit if it has physical actors or not.

Also, think about something like Andy Serkis's Jungle Book, which does have physical actors despite virtually no human characters.

They might put a new spin in the story in both Bambi and Lion King to add human characters, that I believe.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

They might put a new spin in the story in both Bambi and Lion King to add human characters, that I believe.

There's no reason they couldn't do a CGI remake with just animals. Market it as "WETA's first fully animated feature"

Though tbh I'd prefer if WDA or Pixar were involved somehow.

Wow. That's a crazy # for TJB. 

At this 100m is now all but locked. (A small chance it dips to 95m if it's a 40m sat. )but with 44m as some have said 110m is in reach and only few million shy of Alice's ow. 

Insane and impressive. 

Oh and I think I'm now on board for a 200m ow go civil war now...

• Like 1