CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

6 hours ago, Rth said:

JB Sat looking 40-44 :)

Shut off all those lowballing predictions in 90's.

100m was a lock since Friday numbers kept going up.

The Jungle Book WILL break out almost everywhere and easily cross 1b WW.

People always underestimate the power of WOM again and again when it is the most important thing in the movie business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, picores said:

It is VERY disappointing, no doubt. Not 'the flop of the ages' as some dudes claim.

We live in a  very bizarre time when a movie that made $800M WW is considered an abomination of outsized proportions.

TASM2 cost $250M and it barely did $700M WW and nobody made a pip.

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Vault-Easter-Egg.jp

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It s pathetic that Charlize only could ask 10m, same paycheck as Thor because-thanx to the Sony hacks.

Man, she could only get a messily paycheck of 10 million dollars.  Whatever will she do to pay her bills?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zackzack said:

We live in a  very bizarre time when a movie that made $800M WW is considered an abomination of outsized proportions.

True.

So far.....BvS made $805M WW. And TASM2 did $709M WW. (you forgot the extra 9M)

The problem with The Lion King is that you'd end up with something similar to Dinosaur which was CG with live action background and I don't think the story lends itself to live action apart from the stage musical which they completely reinvented the film. Bambi is the same situation.

You're assuming a "live action" production design is the only possibility here.

13 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Not sure u'd want to use TASM as an example when that movie forced Sony to abandon the franchise and enter the current deal with Marvel.

• Like 9

I remember a lot of discussion about ASM2 and whether it was profitable because they spent so much on marketing on top of the huge production budget.  And on top of that without merchandising rights Sony's calculation for Spiderman is different than WB's calculation for a DC movie.

55 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'll just say this if you look just at the surface and see what BvS made it doesn't look that bad.  However once you drill down and find out what was spent to make and market  then it is disappointing .  That's not hate either it's just the unfortunate reality

Agreed, there's an article here that really explains how disappointing Batman v Supe's box office is really well http://moviepilot.com/posts/3869897

22 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

DERBY UPDATE:  A Brief Look at the top 15....  I am very upset about this.  It will change all the way until Monday

PanaMovie 91.950
No Prisoners 89.412
8wombi7 86.386
bapi 86.950
Simionski 85.480
TalismanRing 86.196
Jmorphin 86.383
Bates 84.623
RandomJC 83.756
Rolling Thunder 83.443
Matrix4You 84.305
Wildbill 83.403
Johnny 82.524
Exxdee 81.495
Horror Wizard 81.715

Thanks for doing this,  it's nice to see how the derby is shaping up as the weekend progresses.

Could you post updates in the derby thread as well. I don't always go through the whole weekend thread.

I'm going to be beat by a Balboa. :(

Edited by No Prisoners

44 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Nobody made a pip?

Were... were you not here for its run? :lol:

• Like 18

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

My audience applauded at the end of my showing tonight. Been a while since I saw that at a movie.

WOM is gonna be glowing.

To be fair, it has like the perfect final shot/transition to credits

My audience clapped too!

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

That tends to happen when you go to a crowded showing.

Americans are such dorks.

Amazing, only twice have I ever been to a full showing, and people clapped or cheered during or after the film.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis