CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Poisoning the well doesn't mean that you can't talk about Batman vs. Superman Epic Falls. That is all fair box office talk. The fact of the matter is it's going to have a multiplier lower than the worst Harry Potter and even the worst Twilight movie. In fact it's going to be on par with something like Watchmen. It's okay to discuss this stuff. Poisoning the well is when people just lose their freakin minds and start ripping on Zack Snyder telling people that Warner Brothers is a horrible studio and that they are in trouble and that Zack Snyder is a horrible human being and that marvel so much better and so on and so on. I know it might seem like a blurry line for you guys but just try to use some common sense. Anything that pertains to box office is fair game anything that kind of attacks the studio or the director personally is definitely poisoning the well and we're trying to get rid of that stuff.

• Like 24

I am curious how much the horrid WOM(sub 2x) of BvS is gonna effect the opening of Justice League.  Man of Steel had a mixed reception to say the least, but throwing Batman / Wonder Woman into the sequel negated that.  But now that the big 3 have been in the same movie together, what exactly is gonna be the allure for Justice League?  Aquaman and Flash? lol...

• Like 3

Next weekend should be good. I am expecting a small drop for Jungle Book and a TC record drop for Hardcore finally taking Meet Dave from the top spot. What a time to be alive. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I am curious how much the horrid WOM(sub 2x) of BvS is gonna effect the opening of Justice League.  Man of Steel had a mixed reception to say the least, but throwing Batman / Wonder Woman into the sequel negated that.  But now that the big 3 have been in the same movie together, what exactly is gonna be the allure for Justice League?  Aquaman and Flash? lol...

130m OW, 300m total.

56 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Well in fairness, this thread is about this weekend's box office, and BvS is a part of that, so it seems reasonable to discuss it here too. 

The problem is that so-called discussion about BvS quickly turns into angry, circular arguments that forces the mods to give out countless warnings and ban people over and  over and over. This flat out stresses out the staff.

The mods tried to allow BvS debates in the weekend thread, they really did. But they always turn out the same way. The entire thread becomes unbearable to almost everyone not arguing and the mods have to tell them to stop 20 times, people get banned and then the cycle repeats again and again for 20 more pages.

It's just not worth it.

So BvS made 8-9 m this weekend? Okay, let's move on for the above reasons.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

It will be fun to see the WOM and how small the drop is next weekend for JB as I think Huntsman is going to be a huge bomb.  

I just realized it is opening in 3700 theaters. It should do Dracula numbers. Epic flop :lol: 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The problem is that so-called discussion about BvS quickly turns into angry, circular arguments that forces the mods to give out countless warnings and ban people over and  over and over. This flat out stresses out the staff.

The mods tried to allow BvS debates in the weekend thread, they really did. But they always turn out the same way. The entire thread becomes unbearable to almost everyone not arguing and the mods have to tell them to stop 20 times, people get banned and then the cycle repeats again and again for 20 more pages.

It's just not worth it.

So BvS made 8-9 m this weekend? Okay, let's move on for the above reasons.

Why are you trying to dictate and limit debate that falls squarly within the topic of this thread?

Please let people discuss what they want to discuss as long as it doesn't go against what the mods allow.

Thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I just realized it is opening in 3700 theaters. It should do Dracula numbers. Epic flop :lol: 

I just love all of these flops that are coming out!

Hardcore Henry, Criminal, and probably The Huntsman.

Just more chances for Zootopia to stay in theaters.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Poisoning the well doesn't mean that you can't talk about Batman vs. Superman Epic Falls. That is all fair box office talk. The fact of the matter is it's going to have a multiplier lower than the worst Harry Potter and even the worst Twilight movie. In fact it's going to be on par with something like Watchmen. It's okay to discuss this stuff. Poisoning the well is when people just lose their freakin minds and start ripping on Zack Snyder telling people that Warner Brothers is a horrible studio and that they are in trouble and that Zack Snyder is a horrible human being and that marvel so much better and so on and so on. I know it might seem like a blurry line for you guys but just try to use some common sense. Anything that pertains to box office is fair game anything that kind of attacks the studio or the director personally is definitely poisoning the well and we're trying to get rid of that stuff.

I agree, but let me just tell you what you told another dude last week:

"I think everyone knows this already and theres been about 745 different posts that have said the exact same thing you have here."

No need to regurgitate the same shit 745 times. ;)

3 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Why are you trying to dictate and limit debate that falls squarly within the topic of this thread?

Please let people discuss what they want to discuss as long as it doesn't go against what the mods allow.

Thanks.

Hes not dictating.

We are. The Mods. People start fucking around and all hell breaks loose. What would possess God in heaven to make you guys wanna say the same things over and over again.

If anyone gers that reference congrats

• Like 2

And secondly if you do want to continue poisoning the well we do have carb lunch to suspend people for 24 hours you clearly haven't figured it out yet. So talk about the numbers talk about the box office just don't be dumb about it please. Nobody wants to hand out points and nobody wants to spend anybody. But this is going on for so long.

• Like 1