WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.  I'll just leave it at that.  There isn't a shred of truth to any of this post.  But you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.  

Hollywood is fickle (especially when it comes to actresses- after all, Maggie Gyllenhaal was told that, at 37, she was "too old" to play the lover of a 55 year old man) and has little patience. That is the truth.

Sounds good filmlover.  If you truly believe that a talented and well liked actress and actor's career is over at the age of 25 because they've had a few flops, then there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Again, I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

Other actors who's career is over due to low box office returns:

Ryan Gosling

Sean Penn

Tom Hardy

Julia Roberts 

and pretty much everyone working in Hollywood right now....except Brad, Leo and Denzel and Jennifer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Ryan Gosling

Sean Penn

Tom Hardy

Julia Roberts 

and pretty much everyone working in Hollywood right now....except Brad, Leo and Denzel and Jennifer.

I was gonna say "um... B? You're not agreeing about Woodly, yet all those other actors are on the same level."

Then I realized you were joking!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Rising ticket prices is, I feel, the stronger argument. If ticket prices had inflated "normally" since 1989, the average price now would be $7.63. Instead, it's $8.43. Yeah, 10.5% may not sound like a huge overprice, but considering how many tickets are bought and how many movies are seen by the average family, it can add up quickly.

8.43? Its 12 dollars here and I paid 35 dollars for 2 imax tickets for jungle book matinee yesterday.

Edited by eddyxx

Just now, Baumer said:

Ryan Gosling

Sean Penn

Tom Hardy

Julia Roberts 

That's not the point I was making at all. LOL of course these people still have careers. My point is that for some, their seem to go up only to quickly go down. Look at Sam Worthington, star of the former biggest movie of all-time, for instance.

And mostly because actors themselves have talked about what a cutthroat business that will chew you up just to spit you out at the earliest convenience it is. I felt sad for Liv Tyler last year when I read an interview with her that asked her why her career has slowed down so much the past couple of years and her answer was that it wasn't by choice so much as the fact that at 38, she can't find work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's not the point I was making at all. LOL of course these people still have careers. My point is that for some, their seem to go up only to quickly go down. Look at Sam Worthington, star of the former biggest movie of all-time, for instance.

And mostly because actors themselves have talked about what a cutthroat business that will chew you up just to spit you out at the earliest convenience it is. I felt sad for Liv Tyler last year when I read an interview with her that asked her why her career has slowed down so much the past couple of years and her answer was that it wasn't by choice so much as the fact that at 38, she can't find work.

I don't mean to bud in on your guys' conversation but, and this is the second time I've said this in this thread lol.

Dont let Kal hear you.

• Like 1