WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

39 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Exhibitor Relations@ERCboxoffice 6 minutes ago

If you're going to do a sequel to Snow White...make sure Snow White is in it next time. The more you know...

lol yeah audiences clearly aren't here for obviously unnecessary sequels. I wouldn't be surprised if Neighbors 2 sees a big decrease as well if everything fails to come together for it.

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

36 N The Meddler SPC $15,067 - 4 - $3,767 $15,067 -

Whaaaaat? Didn't Deadline say it would do $12k/PTA after Friday's #s? 

They entered the numbers in the wrong column - putting PTA for Total.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice 2h2 hours ago

Sony Classics' THE MEDDLER debuted quietly with $60,267 in 4 theaters--$15,067 per.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol yeah audiences clearly aren't here for obviously unnecessary sequels. I wouldn't be surprised if Neighbors 2 sees a big decrease as well if everything fails to come together for it.

Considering flop queen Moretz is in it I think that is a safe guess.

41 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Its not about wanting it one way or the either.... good grief I am one of the biggest Disney stans on this board (just look at my screenname!) but I also have been tracking the numbers long enough to know that while 1b is knocked down a lot every year its still a difficult milestone to reach as evidenced by the fact that 99% of films cannot get there every year!

I want both of them to hit 1B so that Disney can have 4 1B grossers this year - I just think it will be an uphill climb IF it happens.

Can't argue with your analysis, seems quite rational. Still, Disney is good at eeking out those last few dollars, so call it wishful thinking but somehow, some way, I see them managing to squeak Zoo over the $1B mark. TJB, not going to make it. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Zootopia is 3.07m behind BVS.

Last week Mon-Thu was 2.65 (BVS) vs 2.44 (Zootopia). But that was after a Sunday where BVS led 2.520 vs 2.139.

This Sunday Zootopia leads 1.752 vs 1.515. So this Mon-Thu should be even with both pulling nearly the same amount.

Next weekend the gap will reduce by 1-1.5m.

Another 1-1.5 the following week, including CW's ow weekend.

By then or the at the latest the weekend after CW, Zootopia will go ahead.

Who cares beside the BvS haters??
Why do u even compare these 2 movies when Zootopia was on theaters weeks before BvS?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John Doe said:

BvS is going to fall way short of $900M, what a disaster! Will anyone remember it in a year? 

Don't worry, people like you will make sure others don't forget BvS so soon.

:WHATanabe:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Who cares beside the BvS haters??
Why do u even compare these 2 movies when Zootopia was on theaters weeks before BvS?

Cause it was unimaginable that this would happen. Between DP and TJB they were the 2 big movies.

166=>330; 75=>340 amazes me even though I am aware of how different genres behave.

One is <2x the other is >4.5x.

Well into their runs folks were expecting 315-320m for Zootopia and 335-340m for BVS.

• Like 1