WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

4 hours ago, Ohana said:

Who cares beside the BvS haters??
Why do u even compare these 2 movies when Zootopia was on theaters weeks before BvS?

I am not a BvS hater at all, but I do find the DOM race between them pretty fascinating. Mathematically, it is interesting to see movie A (BvS) outpolling movie B (Zoo)over a few weeks,  but at a decreasing rate, which raises the possibility that the numbers could reverse, which they did this weekend, and then that raises the issue of whether Zoo has enough run left in its tank to overtake BvS. 

And then for ego reasons, WB and/or Disney might pull out some stops to try and stay ahead of the other.

Sorry, but this impartial bystander will be keeping his eye on the daily totals to see if ZOO closes the gap or not. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

#1 is the one with:

Sean Connery

Sam Neill

Alec Baldwin

Scott Glenn

Stellan Skarsgard

Courtney B. Vance

Tim Curry

James Earl Jones

Harrison Ford

Samuel L. Jackson

Sean Bean

Richard Harris

Willem Dafoe

etc

If you are going with that, might as well add the following to it....

Ben Affleck

Morgan Freeman

James Cromwell

Bruce McGill

Phillip Baker Hall

Ciaran Hinds

Liev Schreiber

Ron Rifkin

Kevin Costner

Kiera Knightly

Kenneth Branagh

Chris Pine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Doesn't JLaw share her plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson? Lol that's going to be awkward 20 years from now.

Fairly certain she doesn't have a plaque at all. You're thinking of handprints in front of the Chinese theater. You gotta put in more years before you can buy a Walk of Fame plaque.

58 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Nice! 60M for JB on it's second weekend is crazy in hindsight. Hell, people were thinking it was going to make that in it's OW or even less. 300M+ is guaranteed at this point, WOM is incredible for this, everyone I know loved it. I hope it can hit 350M mark, either way it's a huge success for Disney and well deserved.  

Who had Jungle Book's 2nd weekend beating BvS by ~$9m? It's incredible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

Fairly certain she doesn't have a plaque at all. You're thinking of handprints in front of the Chinese theater. You gotta put in more years before you can buy a Walk of Fame plaque.

Yep, I stand corrected. Either way, she has to share one space with two soon-to-be-nobodies lol.

48 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I am not a BvS hater at all, but I do find the DOM race between them pretty fascinating. Mathematically, it is interesting to see movie A (BvS) outpolling movie B (Zoo)over a few weeks,  but at a decreasing rate, which raises the possibility that the numbers could reverse, which they did this weekend, and then that raises the issue of whether Zoo has enough run left in its tank to overtake BvS. 

And then for ego reasons, WB and/or Disney might pull out some stops to try and stay ahead of the other.

Sorry, but this impartial bystander will be keeping his eye on the daily totals to see if ZOO closes the gap or not. 

Zootopia will lose some screens to Rachet and Clank, but BvS is about to lose most of its screens over the next 2 weeks.  Zootopia should still be going strong until late May.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAR said:

To all of you ranking casts

41f9e7b3afa9d93960816886d992e94b.jpg

Ahem

The Godfather

Oceans 11 etc

12 Angry Men

The Departed

JFK

TOMBSTONE

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Sorry, this is franchise talk only?

Yeah, it started by someone saying (of course) that Avengers have the best cast of any movie franchise. So we were discussing casts in big franchises :) I certainly would not suggest that Harry Potter has the best cast of any film ever :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nilephelan said:

If you are going with that, might as well add the following to it....

Ben Affleck

Morgan Freeman

James Cromwell

Bruce McGill

Phillip Baker Hall

Ciaran Hinds

Liev Schreiber

Ron Rifkin

Kevin Costner

Kiera Knightly

Kenneth Branagh

Chris Pine

I was sticking with the original timeline, not the attempted reboots

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Avengers has the best cast of any franchise?  Oh...lol...that is funny.

Not the best but in terms of "Press Tour and Interview Fun". In which case, yes, without question.

The entire press tour for Civil War has been leaving me in stitches at how goofy they all are with each other off camera.