Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

20 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, they're not wrong...at least until Ralph comes, what else is there in that segment? ^^"

When a studio begins to use categories to describe why a movie is #1,you know the film is a box office fail.

And it will retain that phony  #1 Family movie title for exactly one week.....

20 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I have reservations on that one, this Grinch doesn't sound like the grumpy Grinch we knew, he sounds like Deadpool but for some reason..

Oh,  Ithink the Grinch is gong to bea  lousy film but I also have no doubt it is going to make a hell of a lot of money.

The only thing standing between The Nutcracker and the biggest bomb of November title is "Robin Hood".

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think now best case scenario if for The Mouse to cut limit it's losses on this; breaking even seems pretty unlikely. Overeseas numbers don't seem to be any where near what it take to make up for the film's bombing domestically.

How costly support media after opening weekend would be in a normal scenario versus a cutting your lost scenario ?

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

There's now way this can be worse than Wrinkle in Time. Anyone seen both/have a preference? 

I have not seen the Nutcracker, but I have suspicion that one thing they have in common is being made by people who simply did not quite get what made the original so popular.  AWIT made a lot of changes that accomplished nothing but annoy fans of the original. (The forcing of a bunch of New Age crap into the story, etc).

Nutcracker might be like Justice League; a director was brought in to do heavy reshoots to try to save film which studio execs thought was in trouble in the original directors footage, but the rescue operation failed.

Nutcracker is a famous romance so who the fuck thought it was a good idea to turn it onto a movie that's anything but? Based on reviews and spoiler from The Movie Spoiler, this is like Tumblr feminism - girl is empowered only when she needs no man. Well, that's fine and dandy but why make a Nutcracker movie about empowered girl who needs no man when you can make, I dunno, Nancy Drew or something or a brand new character? Imagine what a fiasco BatB would have been if there was no romance. or ASIB. 

• Like 1

For those of you who have not seen it, I will tell you the problem. It has nothing to do with feminism or a lack of romance. I didn’t even know the nutcracker was a romance. Between a child and a doll/man?

The problem is there is no story. They try to set one up but nothing really happens. The characters are boring and stale. The movie is just cgi and filler.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

For those of you who have not seen it, I will tell you the problem. It has nothing to do with feminism or a lack of romance. I didn’t even know the nutcracker was a romance. Between a child and a doll/man?

The problem is there is no story. They try to set one up but nothing really happens. The characters are boring and stale. The movie is just cgi and filler.

Yeah, of course. But at least it looks good, doesn't it? Good fantasy visuals are always a plus.

I saw this the other day and it was pretty bad. I liked the beginning part but once it got to the Nutcraker world it was just a mess. Not surprised it is not doing great.  As said above the problem is not feminism (actually it is really stupid if you think that is the problem) but just that the movie is baaaad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

I saw this the other day and it was pretty bad. I liked the beginning part but once it got to the Nutcraker world it was just a mess. Not surprised it is not doing great.  As said above the problem is not feminism (actually it is really stupid if you think that is the problem) but just that the movie is baaaad.

It's a wrong story to try that spin and therefore all problems that the movie has stem from that major change. it's a fairytale romance about a girl and a prince whom she saved from a curse or something. that's how it's known in the ballet and in the story. They decides to change that into, oh noes, it's not the nutcracker who's the prince but the girl is a secret queen of 4 realms that needs to take destiny into her own hands and learn to be the leader and someshit. Again, fine if you don't call it Nutcracker. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AN9815 said:

Maybe "The Nutcracker" works as a ballet,,but just does not work as a movie.

• Like 1