WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

6 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Still funnier than the other options this weekend. 

Watched Ratchet and Clank today. It's no Norm of the North, but I can second this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Watched Ratchet and Clank today. It's no Norm of the North, but I can second this.

I played the first games when I was like 12 and if the movie had come out around then I might have been interested but not now. Plus video game adaptations are usually never good. 

30 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I played the first games when I was like 12 and if the movie had come out around then I might have been interested but not now. Plus video game adaptations are usually never good. 

If you compare it to recent video game adaptations it's decent (ahem looking at you agent 47).

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:05 PM: The Jungle Book is swinging high after a full day of moviegoing with a big 90% jump from last night, according to the latest estimates. That could push the Disney adventure film to around $43M in its third weekend and over the $250M mark.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/keanu-the-jungle-book-mothers-day-weekend-box-office-1201746538/

10.25 + 19.48(+90%) + 13.27(-32%) = 43 is what they seem to be guessing.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Deadline originally had Ratchet at 5.8m

Boxoffice.com at 3.8m

Deadline now saying, Goldie locks,  4.8m

HMWW now at 9.6m

I assume with the increase of TJB and HM other  holdovers will be coming in higher. Especially Zoo. 4.5m sounds way to low

3 hours ago, picores said:

350m looking good for JB as long as Civil War does not kill it.

Jungle Book over Zootopia should happen.

If it drops 50-55% next weekend, $330-335 million is more likely

If it drops 40-45% next weekend, I could see $350-355 million.

Either way, the top 6 for Jan-Jun 2016 should have all $300 million+ DOM grossers (7 if ID42 surprises big-time). 

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Terrific weekend for JB. Really happy its doing so well.

The thing about JB is how freaking *good* it is. It is really entertaining, start to finish. Better even than Z. It might be the best of the 45 movies i've seen in theaters this year across all genres. It's just really excellent and deserves its legs. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

If it drops 50-55% next weekend, $330-335 million is more likely

If it drops 40-45% next weekend, I could see $350-355 million.

Either way, the top 6 for Jan-Jun 2016 should have all $300 million+ DOM grossers (7 if ID42 surprises big-time). 

Itll even out to 35% over 2 weeks. It'll have a 50% drop followed by 20%.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

The thing about JB is how freaking *good* it is. It is really entertaining, start to finish. Better even than Z. It might be the best of the 45 movies i've seen in theaters this year across all genres. It's just really excellent and deserves its legs. 

45 movies watched this year? Lol I can't even name 45 movies released this year. I watched only 1 and it's called Deadpool 

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

I might have watched about 100 movies in theaters in my life.

wow, but not everyone can get to the theater a lot :) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm never going to get the unqualified adoration for Jungle Book. I can accept "fun and entertaining" but not "one of the best movies ever"

Both the animated and this version, tbh.