CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

15 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

There you go, outpaced BvS and Ultron in ticket sales and grossed less. 

Fantastic start. 

$88 million Friday for me. 

That probably means that it's going to have a better weekend multi.  Which is good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because it was selling better on Fandango and had more sellouts in some areas.

People should know by now that movies are getting more and more based on pre-sales.  Just because it was selling better online than a movie from last year doesn't mean it was actually going to have a higher number.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I see

199 million

That adds up to 190m ;)

Gonna go with

79 + 60.5(-23.4%) + 45.5(-24.8%) = 185m

I don't think it can do 195m in any case.

80 + 64(-20%) + 51(-20%) = 195m seems too optimistic.

Dealing with amazing insane numbers though. CA2 did 95m.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, Heretic said:

Good number. Is it just me, or is the BO becoming rather dull. I dunno, even a 200m isn't that exciting anymore. It's just kind of 'expected' now that a film like this will open to a huge number like 190m or 200m. I remember the days when midnight/preview numbers were hotly anticipated, and usually shocking. They're not at all anymore. Maybe it's just me. 

We still have shocking openings (i.e. JW, Deadpool just in the last year) but when something is expected to do huge it doesn't seem as exciting. Because, well, it was expected to do that much.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

25m iSpiderty great. Marvel films generSpiderdon't have huge previews, and  this should be less front loaded than AoU

Possible. But with the addition of Spudey the rish...m.forget it. Mobile not cooperating today....with the addition of spidey The rush could be bigger.

Why everybody is comparing this to Avengers already because when I bought my ticket it said CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Yeah yeah I know, there are plenty of Avengers showing up, & Iron Man but it still doesn't say Avengers on the poster.

Can I offer you a little dose of perspective people ???

Box Office: 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Opens to Huge $10.2 Million Thursday Night

Ok it was in April but still.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because it was selling better on Fandango and had more sellouts in some areas.

Fandango is more than just Thursday and the sellouts were pretty average.

With more people moving to always buying online and theaters offering millions of showtimes I think both metrics mean little anymore.

Thursday is fanboy night and I think 25 is great... especially since school is still in session.

As @Baumer said we really won't have an idea until tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Why everybody is comparing this to Avengers already because when I bought my ticket it said CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Yeah yeah I know, there are plenty of Avengers showing up, & Iron Man but it still doesn't say Avengers on the poster.

Can I offer you a little dose of perspective people ???

Box Office: 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Opens to Huge $10.2 Million Thursday Night

Ok it was in April but still.

It's Avengers 2.5 (or 3)...you know it, I know it, we all know it, the world knows it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Good number. Is it just me, or is the BO becoming rather dull. I dunno, even a 200m isn't that exciting anymore. It's just kind of 'expected' now that a film like this will open to a huge number like 190m or 200m. I remember the days when midnight/preview numbers were hotly anticipated, and usually shocking. They're not at all anymore. Usually the rest of the run is much more interesting now than initial opening. Maybe it's just me. 

It's because people keep raising the bar. Crazy how, just 4 years ago, The Avengers' $18M preview numbers were exciting. Nowadays, $18M is scoffed at. Just look at the ridiculousness going on here, with people saying $25M is "terrible".