CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Blame all those official new clips released in the CW thread!

People thought the BvS trailers practically gave away the movie, all these official new clips from Civil War practically gave away some of the more cooler surprises in the film.

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

And that's my point, she's age-appropriate, but because she's hot, suddenly she's too young ^_^

Growing up with the comics and reruns of the cartoon, I'd say Rosemary Harris was the perfect Aunt May. But, yeah, if they're gonna go younger, Marisa Tomei is a great choice.

2 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Blame all those official new clips released in the CW thread!

People thought the BvS trailers practically gave away the movie, all these official new clips from Civil War practically gave away some of the more cooler surprises in the film.

Which is why I'm glad I didn't watch any. I went into the movie fresh, and loved it. Probably my favorite MCU movie.

12 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

No, this is nothing. Movie should rebound and have a fantastic, EXPECTED number.

The meltdown will begin if this movie final weekend gross is -13% less than Ultron's opening weekend.

Anyone has a calculator?....lol

I don't even want to bring that number. :P

13% less than ultron would be right about $166m. right what another.. film made. no way it grosses that, this will hold better over the weekend than Ultron. 

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yes and this is how I feel right now and how confident I am in this: I'll never damn well quit and I won't let people bait me into being Banned until this is OVER:

4937007-3108825404-pZI31.gif

Just on an empirical level, that would double the Saturday jump minus previews from true Friday for any Marvel thus far. The highest a movie has jumped from a true Friday (without previews, that is) to Saturday is either Iron Man 3 or Avengers IIRC, which jumped about 30 percent. So you are expecting this, despite increased frontloadness for sequels as they progress, to mathematically double the highest true Friday to Saturday jump in Marvel history, from 30 percent to 60 percent. Essentially, you are expecting this to perform like an animated film or kids movie, not a slightly backloaded Marvel film like IM3. You asked a question, and this is the mathematical, non-troll answer: It would be an insane, near mathematical possibility that broke from any historic Marvel film or superhero blockbuster to have the kind of Saturday jump you anticipate. I just don't see the evidence for that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Since Friday is 75M Estimated, I'm confidentally predicting 80-85M Saturday and 70-75M on Sunday.. We all know by now, well at least I do, that MARVEL Movies increase HEAVILY on Saturday and Sunday and this will be no exception..

A Saturday increase from Friday's +Thursday previews together is more impossible than the $225 million weekend even before movie began.

Just let it go. You're ruining your reputation. No one will ever take you seriously in the future.

3 minutes ago, Kalo said:

13% less than ultron would be right about $166m. right what another.. film made. no way it grosses that, this will hold better over the weekend than Ultron. 

Well, this movie was not supposed to open with less than $200 million according to many here. $200 million was the absolute floor for many.

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

Well, this movie was not supposed to open with less than $200 million according to many here. $200 million was the absolute floor for many.

and it still could, and I thought the range was $180-$200m.

6 minutes ago, Kalo said:

13% less than AOU for Friday.  I believe better WOM ( and no fight ) will give it better holds.  I have:

= 198

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yes and this is how I feel right now and how confident I am in this: I'll never damn well quit and I won't let people bait me into being Banned until this is OVER:

4937007-3108825404-pZI31.gif

I don't want to say that no one is trying to bait you, because there's always trolls out there. But by giving an opinion on CW/marvel/weekend #'s that isn't similar to your own is not bait.