CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Hey, is anyone in NYC going to see Captain America 3 in 4DX?

No. (Ed, I swear to God if you go...)

It basically turns the movie experience into a theme park ride.

Ya don't say.

apparently it just opened just yesterday.

Opened with BvS.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Flop.

Awful numbers any way you look at it.

This will most likely prompt Marvel to cancel their slate.

maybe this will finally lead to a crossover event with "another studio" to save both of them :P 

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Same here. It was never going to do CW and BVS numbers and after deadpool, I knew there was no way Xmen apocalypse was going to be as big. Infact, don't be surprised if ends up being the lowest grossing CBM of this year domestically.

I just want to know why they chose to place Apocalypse right after all these comic book films. The audience will be almost completely fatigued by them when this comes out. It will certainly hurt its box office.

That's why I think Suicide Squad can still make a shit ton because it's situated so far from everyone else. It's gives people a break and time to miss the genre. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Same here. It was never going to do CW and BVS numbers and after deadpool, I knew there was no way Xmen apocalypse was going to be as big. Infact, don't be surprised if ends up being the lowest grossing CBM of this year domestically.

That or Dr. Strange. Suicide Squad will do good.

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Doctor strange looks to 'out there' for it do to well. Total niche film. It'll do Antman numbers top. Fact is CW should've don't better.

With Capt + Iron man + Spidey

Inception says hi. Hell, The Matrix too.

Edited by tonytr87

My brother and I went to the 9:15 AM IMAX show. When we got there at 9:00 most of the good seats were already taken. The showing was about 3/4 full. As we left the lobby was full to overflowing for the noon and later shows. And the parking lot was maxed out.

Anecdotes =/= data but I thought I'd throw my $.02 in. ;)

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Doctor strange looks to 'out there' for it do to well. Total niche film. It'll do Antman numbers top. Fact is CW should've don't better.

With Capt + Iron man + Spidey

And it did ... Cap alone = 95M OW. Cap + Iron Man + glorified Spidey cameo = twice that.