CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

6 hours ago, moviesRus said:

I mean I'm pumped for Rogue One but ultimately it's a story whose ending people who care about this movie, already know, and people who don't know aren't really going to care much about. Also the last time we saw Darth Vader on screen, he was doing a ridiculous NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And that movie opened with $212 million adjusted (opened on a Thursday) and made $500+ million adjusted. (And with worse audience/critics score)

It is not an Avengers movie, but it has most of the Avengers in it. For box office purposes, it is fair to think of it as an Avengers movie. However, it IS behaving like an Avengers movie. And the final domestic gross is going to show that because this movie is going to come close to Age of Ultron or pass Age of Ultron domestically.

The OW is not the whole story. The final result is, and this film is in good shape.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I dunno about that, it's a 50/50 spilt on like dislike in my circle 

Imo Ultron was already trending down on IMDB to 8 by Sunday...

This has stayed at a solid 8.5 all weekend. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh to say $180m is right around expectations is wrong though. 

In weekend predict thread here, 19 users posted predictions. 19 above $195m,  13 above $200m. 

If this does $180m, it's under tracking by $10m and user predictions by $15-20m. 

Still a massive number, but not quite in line with expectations. 

Expectations are flawed. They are done by people with agendas. I read that Disney had peojwected 180 Mill. So in this case the loonies here were way overpredicting.

• Like 6

Just now, Baumer said:

Expectations are flawed. They are done by people with agendas. I read that Disney had peojwected 180 Mill. So in this case the loonies here were way overpredicting.

how do you feel about the movie? do u like it or not ^_^

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yeah I think people want to turn this into another Ultron but nah lol 

• Like 2

it was an ok movie nothing more. the critcs are definitely biased towards Marvel and this movie prove it. Its just an OK movie. Noway in hell does it deserve over 90% on RT. Winter Soldier is far better and so is Iron man which are basically the only good MCU movies.

I enjoyed BvS more and in noway did it deserve 28% on RT it deserved 80%. 28% is just ridiculous and a score you give to Adam Sandler movies. Despicable behavior by most of the critics at least Travers and Roeper of the top critics showed professionalism and voted BvS a good score. Unlike the rest of the sheep. And Civil War is an Avengers movie that is damn sure it only misses Thor and Hulk but its gaining a much more popular character with Spidey. So if some of the people call this a Cap movie then BvS is only a MoS movie because it follows all the envents set up from that movie And it only had one character more from DC Batman and 10 min of Wonder Woman. While Civil War had  4 times more MCU characters incorporated into the movie.

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

it was an ok movie nothing more. the critcs are definitely biased towards Marvel and this movie prove it. Its just an OK movie. Noway in hell does it deserve over 90% on RT. Winter Soldier is far better and so is Iron man which are basically the only good MCU movies.

I enjoyed BvS more and in noway did it deserve 28% on RT it deserved 80%. 28% is just ridiculous and a score you give to Adam Sandler movies. Despicable behavior by most of the critics at least Travers and Roeper of the top critics showed professionalism and voted BvS a good score. Unlike the rest of the sheep. And Civil War is an Avengers movie that is damn sure it only misses Thor and Hulk but its gaining a much more popular character with Spidey. So if some of the people call this a Cap movie then BvS is only a MoS movie because it follows all the envents set up from that movie And it only had one character more from DC Batman and 10 min of Wonder Woman. While Civil War had  4 times more MCU characters incorporated into the movie.

Matha

/end your point