CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Another disappointing number. Should have been 80 85 M. smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes

Don't worry man, moms will come in droves to see hot Evans and Sunday will be 100M!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Don't worry man, moms will come in droves to see hot Evans and Sunday will be 100M!

The Mother's Day bump for Mother's Day will be epic. I fully expect it to be at least equal to Saturday and maybe even 1.5 times Saturday. 

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

The Mother's Day bump for Mother's Day will be epic. I fully expect it to be at least equal to Saturday and maybe even 1.5 times Saturday. 

Mother's Day was last Sunday here and that day was ridiculously huge for the movie. Tons of sellouts across the country :lol: It saved his OW, Saturday and Friday were total floppage. 

34 minutes ago, Sam said:

I tried. I really did. Just to see how big of a trainwreck it is. But I simply can't stand Teller's face. And I don't want my screen to be damaged, so I gave up maybe half an hour in. 

Probably means I have bad taste but I actually really enjoyed the first 40ish minutes of that movie. Then minutes after they get their powers, the time jump/studio edits kick in and next thing I know, they are in the big showdown with Doom. Talk about whiplash. 

I also got it from Redbox so that probably helped it was so cheap to watch it. 

Yea, looks like the site is $200 richer as me and tele will be losing our make benefit proposition thread.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

IM3 had a 53M "actual" Friday and increased 19%, a similar increase would give this 59.5M today.

I came up with 17% for IM3's increase. It made $15.6m in Thursday previews, $53.26m on Friday, and $62.27m on Saturday. Civil War would end up around $58.8m today with a 17% increase. $60m would be awesome. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Wherever this ends up, it will still be a massive increase from CA: Winter Soldier's $95 million domestic opening

Srsly, It's not a Captain America movie

If it was it wouldn't open with 180M

Everyone knew It's another Avengers movie empowered with Spiderkid and Black Panther and that's the only reason it's opening

85M above the last CA.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dr. Strange is going to get a Civil War bump.

Bank on it.

200 m is a lock. :locked2:

I'm playing it safe and sticking with 150m. Fantastic Beasts is going to kill it. 

Just because we had two movies cross 200 m OW within six months doesn't mean it's normal.

It's still a very difficult milestone.

180 m is huge.

Only 4 movies in history have surpassed it.

You know you're spoiled when historic numbers bore and disappoint you.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wileECoyote said:

This annoys me. The 60m is actually a increase from the true Friday number but when I go on other sites the fans of a certain movie are going to be posting trying to gloat that CW has "dropped" and is somehow a "flop". Reading ppl not on this site talk about BO gives me a head ache.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hour into FANT4STIC, pretty boring. 

It is death. That movie killed a part of my soul.

• Like 1