CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Doctor strange looks to 'out there' for it do to well. Total niche film. It'll do Antman numbers top. Fact is CW should've don't better.

With Capt + Iron man + Spidey

Damn sort of jumping to conclusions. We have no idea how tonight will play out. It's still really early on the east coast and this could get a west coast bump (or maybe not due to the weather). This could also have a huge Saturday. 

I said 185-195 all along but went up to 204 this week. I think everyone of those numbers is still very possible. Marvel is known for strong walk ups and not presales.

It seems it is not holding well in Europe (horrible drop in France, a pretty ugly one in Germany and signs from the UK are also not that great). Sunny skies are part of the problem, but I'm starting to wonder whether the WOM is as good as people believe.

7 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I just want to know why they chose to place Apocalypse right after all these comic book films. The audience will be almost completely fatigued by them when this comes out. It will certainly hurt its box office.

That's why I think Suicide Squad can still make a shit ton because it's situated so far from everyone else. It's gives people a break and time to miss the genre. 

It is unfortunate for Apocalypse having 3 such massive cbms 3 months in a row right before it. It should have been in a good position to do 250+ after DoFP but now genre fatigue is almost certain to affect it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Captain Ameriflop: Flop War

Floptian America: Civil Flop

Captain Underwheliming: Civil Meh

Any others I'm forgetting? :ph34r:

Floptain Flopica: Flopil Flar

I don't think there were ever this many comic book films leading up to it tho.

The rest of summer is packed. Where do you release it otherwise? You drop it on a holiday weekend and hope for the best.

I guess "parking lots" isn't exactly a step down...

Ultron was "#4extrahours"

JW was a mix between #crumbling and... Rth jizzing I guess

Ant-Man was supposed to "demolish the competition"

So I guess Civil War being "parking lots" is okay

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Doctor strange looks to 'out there' for it do to well. Total niche film. It'll do Antman numbers top. Fact is CW should've don't better.

With Capt + Iron man + Spidey

That would be more than enough to beat XA because I am expecting Wolverine Origins number at best for XA.

3 minutes ago, James said:

It seems it is not holding well in Europe (horrible drop in France, a pretty ugly one in Germany and signs from the UK are also not that great). Sunny skies are part of the problem, but I'm starting to wonder whether the WOM is as good as people believe.

If only those Europeans had to spend a summer in the sunbelt. I guarantee they wouldn't savor "nice weather" anymore.

2 minutes ago, James said:

I think part of the issue is, while it's a good superhero movie, it offers nothing new from Avengers 1, 2 or really even WS. Marvel has a formula for making these MCU movies and outside of GOTG or IM3 they haven't deviated much from it.