Blankments

Hacksaw Ridge | Nov 4 2016 | Lionsgate | WWII movie directed by Mel Gibson. Starring Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer. The movie gets the BOZ/Tele/WB seal of approval.

Mel Gibson is obviously a terrific director. So this should be a good movie. And the cast is really impressive as well. I will see anything with Teresa Palmer in it no matter what kind of role she plays.

• Like 5

I don't expect it to do well, anything Gibson touches now is poison.  One of the rare cases Id say an individual being attached to a movie spells doom to it.  Not to mention, Lionsgate is terrible at marketing their movies.

• Like 1

Mel Gibson is an auteur. Let's see if the industry/critics will get their head out of sand and embrace it like the test screening audience have. Really excited for this. 

Always felt that Andrew Garfield was the best part of The Social Network, so I am glad he is getting to work with good filmmakers and showing his acting range. He is one day going to win that golden statue for sure. 

14 hours ago, Baumer said:

Mel Gibson is obviously a terrific director. So this should be a good movie. And the cast is really impressive as well. I will see anything with Teresa Palmer in it no matter what kind of role she plays.

Did you see the Point Break remake?

33 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Did you see the Point Break remake?

Yes.  I actually thought it was fine....nothing great, but fine.  I even saw the Choice and Triple Nine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yes.  I actually thought it was fine....nothing great, but fine.  I even saw the Choice and Triple Nine.

Palmer is in Triple 9? I was ashamed to actually miss this!

Anyway, if you want to see the best Palmer's movie you have to check out "Kill Me Three Times"

A kind of Coen-like noir thriller. She is very good as the very nasty femme fatale.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So Teresa Palmer is listed as top billed on imdb.  So this has me more intrigued now.

IMDB is not a good source for comprehensive casting/billing info until the film is released, because fans/public can affect the information presented.

Or until a poster is released that shows the actual billing.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1