Blankments

Hacksaw Ridge | Nov 4 2016 | Lionsgate | WWII movie directed by Mel Gibson. Starring Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer. The movie gets the BOZ/Tele/WB seal of approval.

On 6/30/2016 at 8:32 AM, Baumer said:

Good point....The cast has me intrigued....and Palmer is someone I will pay to watch in theaters, she is that attractive. :)

I am slowly jumping on the Theresa Palmer train.

The more I see of her, the more interesting I find her and the more I want to find out about her.

• Like 1

Debney's been bumped from the project apparently, despite recording a full score.

Recording a score is super expensive so since they recorded Gibson was obviously happy. So there's two possibilities.

1.) The movie has been edited to such an extent that Debney's score no longer fits.

2.) The movie isn't working, they're panicking and the music is one of the only things they can change at this point.

9 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Debney's been bumped from the project apparently, despite recording a full score.

Recording a score is super expensive so since they recorded Gibson was obviously happy. So there's two possibilities.

1.) The movie has been edited to such an extent that Debney's score no longer fits.

2.) The movie isn't working, they're panicking and the music is one of the only things they can change at this point.

I don't know the reason, but I am pretty confident it has nothing to do with the quality of the film.

Early reviews and test screenings were fantastic, so both your possibilities may not fit here.

On August 21, 2016 at 3:05 PM, ddddeeee said:

It could just tonally not match.

Alan Silverstri turned in a basically full Pirates score and they dumped it. Hans and his team came in with l 2 months left or something crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

It could just tonally not match.

Alan Silverstri turned in a basically full Pirates score and they dumped it. Hans and his team came in with l 2 months left or something crazy. 

If it didn't match they would have realized that before recording. The entire score would have been mocked-up, they'd have heard it all.

Silvestri never recorded anything for Pirates. They decided what he was writing wasn't working, completely different situation.

57 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Silvestri never recorded anything for Pirates. They decided what he was writing wasn't working, completely different situation.

According to the Hans-Zimmer.com guy, Silvestri did actually compose and recorded music for the film. It was only one cue apparently, for the Moonlight Serenade sequence.

On 22.8.2016 at 0:05 AM, ddddeeee said:

Gibson is searching for the James Horner magic. Alas, there is (was) only one James Horner. :(

Edited by Elessar