Summer 2016 Bombs

5 hours ago, cookie said:

Gods of Egypt

Huntsman

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies

Zoolander 2

Pan

In the Heart of the Sea

Those are what you call box office bombs. Alice doing $500m WW is nowhere near that distinction.

Alice will do much more than $500m WW. it will probably do $500m internationally alone. 

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Do you think this June and July will be even worser than June 2014/July 2015 ?

No. July 2016 has a lot of wildcards sure, but I can't see more than 1 of them flopping hard. As for this June, Warcraft aside, all I see is sure fire hits.

I love Oncle Steven but a 2 Hours children movie with a giant who has the ass face of that Mark Rylance guy is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Their romance is creepy as fuck too.

Kate, run ...

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Ghostbusters can definitely bomb. Its production budget alone is 154m and this is not guaranteed to do well overseas

also, Ben Hur easily

That $154m was the green light budget before the Massachusetts tax credits. 

Hoping it comes down.

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I love Oncle Steven but a 2 Hours children movie with a giant who has the ass face of that Mark Rylance guy is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Their romance is creepy as fuck too.

Kate, run ...

Agree. BFG has this creepiness factor that will not help its box office success.

Budget range of 100-125, with a long range forecast of only 85 mil also doesn't help.

May not be an outright megabomb, but surely no moneymaker either.

14 hours ago, cookie said:

Gods of Egypt

Huntsman

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies

Zoolander 2

Pan

In the Heart of the Sea

Those are what you call box office bombs. Alice doing $500m WW is nowhere near that distinction.

Yep still sticking with the same choices.

Star Trek should do okay. I don't know what the budget is but I think if Suicide Squad breaks out, it's in trouble. Not an outright bomb but I remember the What Went Wrong Thread for Into Darkness.

Bomb Predictions:
Warcraft
Ghostbusters - If this gets good reviews then that could save it. Who knows it could also end up opening like the first TMNT reboot and be pretty big. If critics trash it like Pixels and Fant4stic, I think it could suffer pretty badly. Critics usually like Pauls movie but haven't been kind to Melissa lately.
Angry Birds - There hasn't been a family film since TJB and that's still doing huge. I think this movie could be the case of an idea coming way too late in an overcrowded marketplace.

2 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Is Independence Day 2 under $300m considered a bomb? If so, bomb.

No

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

Also, I don't get the buzz around Pets. It just looks ok.  $200max. Would THAT be considered a bomb?

No, but it would be a disappointment 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Also, I don't get the buzz around Pets. It just looks ok.  $200max. Would THAT be considered a bomb?

I'm predicting a run almost identical to the first Despicable Me. Which would be a spectacular result.