Kevin Bacon

BLAIR WITCH | Sequel to THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT | 9/16/16 | The Blair Witch returns as The Blair "Blair Witch" Witch

I'm still not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, nothing about the movie that had me excited has changed. On the other, I don't know, I was really looking forward to The Woods. I like things being original. The Woods was going to be for me. Now it's for everybody. 

But the same people are still the ones who made it, and the reviews are initially glowing. Worst case scenario, it isn't as good as The Guest or You're Next but it's still pretty good and Barrett and Wingard get a big well-deserved paycheck because those movies didn't get anything approaching the attention they deserved (especially The Guest). 

Another thing: with this, then Death Note, and then possibly the Halloween reboot... it may be a while before we get another original property from these guys. 

• Like 1

If this turns out as good as it looks this is going to be one hell of a year for horror

And I think people will die in this too. That makes me happy

Decent trailer and they are defintely playing up it's a direct sequel with even using some of the same lines from the original.  Not saying that's a bad thing.

I really, really liked the original, so I'm going to give this a chance :) 

Actually much prefer the trailer for The Woods. BUT, I'm a Wingard mark for certain. The early buzz has me in a frenzy. Can't wait. And, if someone doesn't start a Blair Witch over $100M DOM club, I will.

Aside from Kubo, I can't think of a movie that I'm anticipating more. Yeah, there's Bourne, Suicide, Strange, Peregrine and Beasts. But, this and Kubo are at the top of list. Along with The Wailing which I still haven't seen yet.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Actually much prefer the trailer for The Woods. BUT, I'm a Wingard mark for certain. The early buzz has me in a frenzy. Can't wait. And, if someone doesn't start a Blair Witch over $100M DOM club, I will.

Aside from Kubo, I can't think of a movie that I'm anticipating more. Yeah, there's Bourne, Suicide, Strange, Peregrine and Beasts. But, this and Kubo are at the top of list. Along with The Wailing which I still haven't seen yet.

The Wailing was great but it didn't blow me away.

And I agree with you that "The Woods" trailer was more effective.