Kevin Bacon

BLAIR WITCH | Sequel to THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT | 9/16/16 | The Blair Witch returns as The Blair "Blair Witch" Witch

Just now, ThatOneTrek said:

Saw it tonight and can confirm it was played under The Woods

That's... Stupid?? The buzz they would have got dropping a surprise trailer would have been like 10 Cloverfield, press release doesn't have the same effect an unknowing audience would have seen.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's... Stupid?? The buzz they would have got dropping a surprise trailer would have been like 10 Cloverfield, press release doesn't have the same effect an unknowing audience would have seen.

I think it's gonna be released with Nerve on Wed...which is pretty anticlimatic

They need to show the witch this time damn it. I also haven't seen TBWP since it's release but it was a really good time at the movies, that ending was pretty awesome but I regretted not even getting one glimpse of the witch.

It's been Blair Witch for 3 years according to director.

So impressive keeping a secret like that in this day and age!

I'm very excited now. 

Why reveal now though... I have a feeling it was supposed to be a huge revelation in the movie, but instead the studio decided to build buzz by changing the title.

6 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Why reveal now though... I have a feeling it was supposed to be a huge revelation in the movie, but instead the studio decided to build buzz by changing the title.

To build buzz and have some momentum leading to release.

This is exciting cause it'll be the first film I see in cinemas in America. I'll be on holiday in the US when it comes out. 

• Like 1

Blair Witch is that game-changer horror fans desperately have been waiting for. It will usher in a new breed of genre films that are targeted at creating an emotional experience above all else. “Scary” is probably an understatement as this may just be the first film since The Exorcist that will leave younger audiences scarred for life.

4.5/5

- Bloody Disgusting

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3399467/review-blair-witch-the-woods-horror-game-changer-will-completely-wreck/

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yeah, I feel lucky to have seen in theaters in '99 with all the hype surrounding it. The friend I saw it with actually thought it was for real. Truly a game changer.

I remember this friend of mine who was like the coolest kid in our circle, the guy that everyone admired and wanted to be for being the smart, clever, street-savvy scrapper, and he was adorably clueless about TBWP. I remember how embarrassed he was when he asked me if the film was an actual documentary, and he asked me not to tell our other friends that he had asked.

• Like 5