WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Hawkeye is truly a waste of celluloid. In the comic page he is an awesome character, but his comic book personality "blueprint" is probably too close to what RDJ is doing in the movies, so maybe they figured it would feel redundantish ... So instead, he is boring as fuck.

They should have really gone for a...GASP!...second female avenger in The Avengers

I'd take Hawkeye over Bucky and Falcon.

Fight me, Marvel fans.

• Like 2

So, does CW actually have a chance to have the worst second-weekend percentage drop of any MCU film?

It would add an interesting element to the whole "Marvel films are formulaic" debate if the one film that veers heavily away from the formula at times ends up with the worst drop.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie

11 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

TREV is an older demo that is less likely to be download. Either way you don't know the true effect when it happens before it goes wide. It could have made 200m+..

In china where you can watch real time data, you could see the CA3 presales decline at an exponential rate intraday the morning after the online release. It dropped DoD much worse than any bad WoM movie ever and it has decent WoM there. 

AM had good word of mouth and dropped 10% DoD.

BVS was bad WoM and averaged 14%

CA3 was 17% 20% and 19% DoD for T W Th. 

20% of the projected run was lost without a doubt. 

I think this weekend is -60% instead of 56% because it. Maybe Tuesday bump would have been bigger. We'd and Thursday declines look to be a bit steeper

Huh interesting! 

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Just saw Cap 3 again and it was still f*cking awesome...

And yes, it's definitely a cap movie...

Same here and to me it still feels about 90% a sequel to TWS and 10% a sequel to AOU. 

No wonder you guys are talking about piracy. I haven't read the entire thread, but CW is on showbox. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned.  this is the earliest I've seen a movie with such power box office show in their queue. BvS was put a few weeks ago along with The force and deadpool

5 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

No one saw Lincoln making $180m? Maybe not that exact total but he is our most revered president played by one of our best actors & beloved directors. Not to mention that project was hyped for a long time, I saw it doing big things personally. Couldn't have been the only one.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3557&p=.htm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, movieboner said:

What do you think will be Civil War's final domestic gross after its estimated 2nd weekend number of $72 million?

Not much thinking necessary, just math. If the weekend is $72M, then the final gross after the weekend will be $295M.

Edited by johnboy3434