CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

16 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I want to see Harry play mermaid. He is more pretty.

No. 

12 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Honestly people hated hard on the Aladdin casting and the Aladdin cast was the best part of the movie. Sure this seems like stunt casting but at least Harry can sing. 

Yep. He also held his own in a Nolan movie, I was impressed. And despite the hate the casting for this has gotten, it's already generated a lot of hype. Prince Eric trended on twitter multiple times, even before today's news lol. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, 75Live said:

now people are not happy about the possible Styles hire? 

No not really, there are always gonna be people unhappy because Disney is ruining childhoods or whatever with these live-action remakes even though they've been financially exploiting The Little Mermaid and the others since their original release years and the movie's reputation hasn't suffered at all. 

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

Going from Nolan to Rob Marshall is gonna be a pretty big step-down for his sophomore acting gig. I quite liked him in that, it was cool that he'd rather do that Elivis film, since it's not a guaranteed money maker like this is, and would really push his acting abilities since he'd be going toe to toe with Hanks.

• Knock It Off 1

Elvis is controversial now Jesus.

Can't keep up with all that progress.

We re approaching peak enlightenment and peak wisdom way too quickly.

Edited by The Futurist

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Now? Elvis was always controversial. All dat hip shakin.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Going from Nolan to Rob Marshall is gonna be a pretty big step-down for his sophomore acting gig. I quite liked him in that, it was cool that he'd rather do that Elivis film, since it's not a guaranteed money maker like this is, and would really push his acting abilities since he'd be going toe to toe with Hanks.

If Richard Madden can go from a big role in GoT to playing the love interest in Cinderella and now getting leading parts in tv shows and movies (and winning a GG in the process), I think Harry will be fine. Being in a blockbuster will give him more exposure and if he is really serious about acting and makes smart choices, he can land more serious roles later on. Elvis was obviously not the role for him (thank goodness.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

playing the love interest in Cinderella

Kenneth Braughn vs. Rob Marshall. I'd wager this'll be closer to Dumbo/Lion King than Cinderella quality-wise. A project like Elvis would certainly ask a lot more from him than this will, and maybe he would have surprised in that part were he cast. He debuted with a Nolan film so I was expecting him to do more projects like that.

The role of Prince Eric requires little more from Harry Styles than to be charming, which shouldn't be difficult to pull off. Haven't seen that Austin Butler dude in anything yet but I definitely feel like Styles would've been all wrong for Elvis.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Kenneth Braughn vs. Rob Marshall. I'd wager this'll be closer to Dumbo/Lion King than Cinderella quality-wise. A project like Elvis would certainly ask a lot more from him than this will, and maybe he would have surprised in that part were he cast. He debuted with a Nolan film so I was expecting him to do more projects like that.

LOL Matching Cinderella would hardly be difficult. I'd say this movie already has more going for it than any other Disney live action remake, save Mulan. 

Don't really care if Elvis would have asked more from him, I have no desire to see the movie or him in it. Debuting in a Nolan film is nice but doesn't mean he can't do different things. It would be refreshing to see that he is not some wannabe snob who thinks he's too good for Disney because he had a role in a Nolan film. 

• Like 1

I know Rob Marshall is a cheesy director who's hit or miss but why are we acting like he isn't an oscar nominated director and didn't direct a Best Picture Winner. I adore Baz but technically he's never even been nominated for directing lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

elvis has always been controversial lol. But moreso today for sure. 

Edited by ban1o

Dang, I didn't think that one would actually pan out.

Are they ever going to cast more black people? Probably Sebastian, right, but I think most of the main human(oid) characters are done with.