CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

34 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

They added a new subplot where Ariel has to find a missing clownfish. Very bold.

They added a scene with Ariel french kissing a catfish for 3 seconds. Twitter already exploding with rage saying Ariel should only be allowed to kiss white boys.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:47 PM, JustLurking said:

If that was how it worked Aladdin 2019 would have topped BatB yet it didn't happen.

TBF early marketing for Aladdin 2019 was WEAK while BatB marketing started strong right off the gate with a teaser which was 100x better than the actual movie.

Aladdin live action has been a much better performer for Disney+ than BatB live action showing many people discovered it on the platform and others wanted to revisit it more than Beauty.

Edited by Spidey Freak

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

The movie was trending on Twitter because a very blurry, computer-screen-filmed-on-a-phone version of the trailer leaked. The hype is insane from those who saw it.

Hopefully the trailer is officially released soon.

I would expect it at the Super Bowl if not before that.

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The movie was trending on Twitter because a very blurry, computer-screen-filmed-on-a-phone version of the trailer leaked. The hype is insane from those who saw it.

Hopefully the trailer is officially released soon.

I...I was one of them. I'm ashamed of myself

marge-simpson-the-simpsons.gif

This is Disney’s last hurrah when it comes to the animated classics they can mine for live action remakes that have huge hit potential. They have to be aware of that too. So I actually do think they probably took this one way more seriously than they did most of them and are trying to ensure very high quality here. 

• Like 1

Not to mention the animated film has to be one of their weakest among their “classics” (seriously, that third act is rushed and lame as hell), so this is one of the few times the remake finally feels justified in the sense of there’s some big things they can improve on over the original here. Hopefully they start with Ariel’s character herself, since she’s not exactly the best portrayal of a heroine/princess in the original… 

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is Disney’s last hurrah when it comes to the animated classics they can mine for live action remakes that have huge hit potential. They have to be aware of that too. So I actually do think they probably took this one way more seriously than they did most of them and are trying to ensure very high quality here. 

I agree. This is likely the last direct live-action remake released in theaters .Mufasa will be a prequel/new story and everything else will likely just go to D+ where they can do anything.

13 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I agree. This is likely the last direct live-action remake released in theaters .Mufasa will be a prequel/new story and everything else will likely just go to D+ where they can do anything.

I can see Lilo and Sticth getting a theatrical release

40 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Isn’t the Snow White remake coming out in theaters next year? 

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

I mean I’m sure they will still keep churning them out even theatrically on occasion(Snow White), but I can’t imagine another one with this kind of hit potential. At least not until we get far enough along that the 2010s hits have true nostalgia going for them and they start dipping into those (ugh, let’s hope these remakes are dead by then.) 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Snow White says Hi......that seems to be a even bigger effort then Little Mermais.

Not like I have  a horse in the race.....I though all the live action versions of classic animatesd films have been mediocre at best.

And there are plenty left for Disney to milk.

They will stop making them when they stop making money.

But I still don't get why films which are just a mediocre reflection of the brilliance of the originals are so popular.

Edited by dudalb

They have done all the really good films from the Second Golden age of Disney Animtation....From Little Mermaid to Lion King

and now have to do the original goldan age ...Snow White...or the not so great more recent animated failm..like "Hercules".

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Disney is always part of the pigskin show and expect no less this year as it’s poised to tout spots for Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5), The Little Mermaid (May 26), Pixar’s Elemental (June 16) and possibly Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30) and Marvel Studios’ The Marvels (July 28). No spots for Disney+’s Secret Invasion are expected.

• Sad 1