CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Ridiculous indeed, what's funny is seeing naysayers calling for Singer's head just because they read some reviews and go along with it, without having seen the movie. Let's not forget he gave us X-Men 2 and DOFP, so now, he slips up a little according to some with Apocalypse and he needs to be removed? Geez. 

The movie is shit, DOFP is nothing special and x2 was....good for its time I guess. Superman returns was also horrible . Yep a great CBM director .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Alice 2 might not do 40M over the 4 day weekend. Again, that is below the OD of the first movie. Let that sink in. This is the end of Depp's career.

I doubt its the end. These people in the entertainment business get millions of chances. Just look at Chris Brown. Although Depp might not be doing family  films with Burton anymore.(Thats a good thing, because that collab got stale over a decade ago)

Edited by babz06

You guys are dumping on Apocalypse too much. Is it as good as the first two X-men made in 2000 and 2003? No way. But is it tripe? No way either. This isn't a bad popcorn flick by any means. Yes, the characters are underdeveloped and some of the scenes that try to establish emotional connections among the Xers are embarrassing, but for the most part, the sterling action bowls a lot of that over. 

Bottom line: Do you really think this is any worse artistically than Furious 7 or Jurassic World were? And they conquered the universe. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

Snap reactions based on bo of every movie...

X2 : Promote Singer to Superman universe.

X3 & Superman Returns : Duh, Singer and X-Men are a better match.

SM1 & SM2 : Raimi can do no wrong. Make him POTUS.

SM3 : wtf Raimi

ASM1 : Webb will mature and lead the SM world well

ASM2 : End Webb

DOFP : Singer is the real deal. X-Men forever with Singer

DP and XA : Out with Singer.. Tim Miller should be head of MCU, DC, X-Men and every CBM ever.

• Like 15

Yes it is faaaaaaar worse than jw and ff7 . These are actually great popcorn movies, this is a boring mess made for people that like the twilight movies . Oh and since when is the first Xmen movie considered good ?

Edited by Thrylos 7

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why did Zack Snyder get put in charge of DCEU again?

and look what happened :ph34r:

Spoiler

508768316-toddler-girl-happily-finger-pa

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackout said:

Cinemascore doesn't matter and WOM doesn't seem to affect the X-franchise much. DOFP got stellar WOM and yet only did as much as it did.

It doesn't matter much, but the difference between a 2.2 multiplier and 2.5 is meaningful and WOM may matter. X3 and XM: O-W  fared worst.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

You guys are dumping on Apocalypse too much. Is it as good as the first two X-men made in 2000 and 2003? No way. But is it tripe? No way either. This isn't a bad popcorn flick by any means. Yes, the characters are underdeveloped and some of the scenes that try to establish emotional connections among the Xers are embarrassing, but for the most part, the sterling action bowls a lot of that over. 

Bottom line: Do you really think this is any worse artistically than Furious 7 or Jurassic World were? And they conquered the universe. 

I haven't seen Apocalypse myself, but you make it sound like being a better blockbuster than Furious 7 is easy. That was a dumb film, yes, but it embraced its dumbness and turned itself into a super entertaining film w/one brilliant ending. Not as good as Fast Five, but about on par w/6. JW... you may have a point there.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I'm leading the Derby and I'm going to have a near perfect score in CSG :ohmygod: Great expansion for Love and Friendship, everything else is performing exactly like I expected (well, maybe not Alice)

Edited by WrathOfHan

5 hours ago, Blackout said:

Cinemascore doesn't matter and WOM doesn't seem to affect the X-franchise much. DOFP got stellar WOM and yet only did as much as it did.

That is why a sub 100 million 4-day is not a good result. 

as I said previously apocalypse was fairly decent maybe even good. But it's way too long and it really matters a lot for the first 90 minutes or so. There's a lot that could have been cut out of it. The last hour is very good but it's just something I will never see you again

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Snap reactions based on bo of every movie...

X2 : Promote Singer to Superman universe.

X3 & Superman Returns : Duh, Singer and X-Men are a better match.

SM1 & SM2 : Raimi can do no wrong. Make him POTUS.

SM3 : wtf Raimi

ASM1 : Webb will mature and lead the SM world well

ASM2 : End Webb

DOFP : Singer is the real deal. X-Men forever with Singer

DP and XA : Out with Singer.. Tim Miller should be head of MCU, DC, X-Men and every CBM ever.

They all get eaten by the fan(atic)s eventually.  The Russos  and Miller will get theirs eventually too.  Remember  when Whedon was king of the nerds? And look  how quickly  they turned on him.  They even lie and say Marvel fired him.  

The only one who seems untouched  is Matthew Vaughn but he never returns  for the sequel.  Edited to add... I didn't know he's directing kingsman  2. Guess that will break his streak? 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 3

I think unlike DOFP there was nothing that cool or interesting about.

DOFP was a story any fan of Xmen wanted to see on screen and having a combination of the old and new cast was a great  addition.

This time i may check this out after theaters.