WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

How is it going to miss 235M in China? You are talking out of your arse. It is going to finish the weekend with nearly 200M, it would have to make literally nothing after that to miss 235 or 250.

Go to the thread, there are new numbers and estimates out. 

• Like 1

What's the lowest midnight to opening day IM for a movie? Because Warcraft might seriously challenge it, in my opinion. I really think that number might mean it struggles to hit 20 this weekend. Not quite sure on that, of course, but I just cannot fathom with these reviews, trailers, competition, and buzz anyone but the game diehards turning out, and so finishing that low at midnight is disconcerting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

I swear people are just out to get Warcraft. I don't get it, why can't y'all hate on a fucking Marvel movie or a star Wars one? There are billions of those movies that do nothing but copy themselves , while Warcraft, a vaguely original tentpole movie, is getting shat on by you folks who haven't even watched it.

So having realistic expectations makes us haters? Tree stahp.

• Like 9

I swear people are just out to get Warcraft. I don't get it, why can't y'all hate on a fucking Marvel movie or a star Wars one? There are billions of those movies that do nothing but copy themselves , while Warcraft, a vaguely original tentpole movie, is getting shat on by you folks who haven't even watched it.

Lol.

People are making predictions based on previews = hating. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Horror yes. Teen horror - hell no. Small chance Warcraft finishes 3rd for the weekend if Thursday had a fanboy rush.

No one other than teenagers watches horror films. especially these shitty jump scares ones, compared to actual horror movies like The Babadook, and The Witch, which just bomb horribly.

• Like 1

Just now, Treecraft said:

No one other than teenagers watches horror films. especially these shitty jump scares ones, compared to actual horror movies like The Babadook, and The Witch, which just bomb horribly.

Right, which is why the original Conjuring, an R-rated movie with terrific reviews and an adult skewing audience for a horror movie, was a massive bomb. 

• Like 9

Ummm... The audience for both Conjuring and Annabelle was skewing equally to over and under 25. Conjuring is pretty much the only horror franchise targeting both demos which was made clear over and over by the trades in 2013 when the first movie became a surprise hit.

• Like 7

those Chinese people don't know what they talking about. Warcraft is gonna beat furious 7, and then it's gonna beat The Mermaid. Suck it up, losers.

Yup, you have lost it. It is fine. I do it sometimes too. I wish that would happen because only China can gives us a sequel, but yeah, 300M is a stretch right now there. Thinking on 250M. 

• Like 2

those Chinese people don't know what they talking about. Warcraft is gonna beat furious 7, and then it's gonna beat The Mermaid. Suck it up, losers.

Tree understands the people.  The people love Warcraft.

• Like 5

New rule...If both your user-name and avatar point to a newly released movie, the less your opinion on that movie should matter. Keep some butt-hurt ointment/lubricant handy in case of under/over performance at the box office.

Edited by a2knet

Don't really know why I am getting criticised for saying this stuff. It's true. People suggesting it will open to under 20M despite 3M previews? Saying that China will have 80% of its gross in its opening weekend despite having a full, long release? Don't even know why you would irrationally hate on something you haven't seen. The movie is awesome and you are just missing out by pre judging it, before any real numbers, before you have seen it.