FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

18 minutes ago, Lumos said:

Any updates for Saturday? God I would love to see this hit 50M today.....

Saturday is usually a quiet day until very late. Unless Rth says something sooner. Not sure how early he will show up today...

Adults coming all over an animated film sounds really creepy. Like animation is supposed to be for kids. They're not good movies....they're just there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Adults coming all over an animated film sounds really creepy. Like animation is supposed to be for kids. They're not good movies....they're just there.

There has been some hardcore coming on Friday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And obsessing over the next generic Friday the 13th isn't? :redcapes: 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Horribly old-fashioned thinking. Move on with times grandpa.

• Like 11

Just now, Baumer said:

That's the Baumer people have been waiting for in these threads :P

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

It also had poor reviews from the top critics and the avg score, not just the rotten/fresh meter was low for both. It had over 300 reviews and the overwhelming majority were not nit picking about hair but rather structure, story, tone, characterization etc.  Top critics reviews were lower for BvS (24 vs 27%) and Warcraft (18% vs 29%) than overall reviews.  Those who tend to only use an RT score to see a movie most likely weren't the type to read in depth reviews before RT came along anyway.

The label of Top Critic means what exactly? That does not necessarily mean their review had anymore insights. Some of them still phone in those reviews. Some are nonsensical or say absolutely nothing.

The proportion of 10s to 1s was overwhelmingly favored to the 10s and that's why the score plummeted from the 9s to the 7s in 2 days after opening

Do you think those 10s would say the film wasn't good afterwards? They can change their IMDB ratings after all. Maybe some did. Do you think the 1s changed? I highly doubt that. Doesn't it tell you something that a concerted effort was made to give the movie that many 1s before release? Why do "fans" need to do that?

OS the multiplier was 2.11 (47.3% o/w) not much better than domestic's 1.99  (50.3% o/w)

You're indicating that it had poor legs OS from multiple markets. 2.11 isn't exactly terrible. Also, if you look further, you'll notice the multiplier is much lower mostly because of the China figure. Other than that, maybe only an argument can be made for Russia and Korea. Everywhere else, the multiplier is much better than the 2.11. 

15:1 is not a great multiplier on twitter for a movie that just opened since it's being driven then by the most enthusiastic fans who rush out the first couple of days.

Right, so the 15:1 enthusiastic fans was a poor indicator for positive WOM? Shouldn't you at least agree that it's a good indicator? What about the 30%+ additional increase to normal blockbuster repeat viewings according to Fandango. 

You're cherry picking and also indulging in conspiracy theories that critics are biased for Disney unless say they're reviewing Alice In Wonderland 2, Tomorrowland, The Lone Ranger, Mars Needs Moms, John Carter etc.  Or ignoring previous great reviews for WB SH movies and X-men films from the same group of critics.

First of all, these aren't the same group of critics. Different critics grade different movies. Also, some of those critics who have obvious bias, have just chosen to flip the way they review since a majority can support them now. For instance, one of those reviewers had pretty nasty things to say about the Dark Knight Trilogy and even considered Punisher to be better than The Dark Knight. He still gave Dark Knight a red tomato which hid his real opinions, but things have changed.  Their blogs, their fans, etc are clearly Disney fans too. Same blogger finds shock that he can sometimes like the Flash TV show, despite it being the most popular comic-related television show. He also took part in a twitter bashing of Jared Leto's Joker method acting before his movie even came out. He even says he's biased. Those aren't indications? Sure...

Also if I'm cherry picking, I'm doing so in favor to support all movies for greater diversity, and just ask that people pay closer attention to WHAT a critic has to say rather than JUST the number. Does that sound reasonable to you? I've just taken some of your numbers and revealed multiple layers back to you, showing how one-sided your cherry picking can be. I don't know why somebody would do that? You're trying to prove, whilst ignoring anything that is good, that something is bad. Why? I'm a proponent for diversity, so I do not much care for all my movies about cute talking animals in brightly colored-settings. Name all the RT 90%+ blockbusters (call it 800 million WW+). How many studios do you see represented there? Sure, I love Disney movies too, but I would like some support for all kinds of movies? Is that so bad? I don't even like Warcraft, but I sure would like to see Hollywood pursue other game movies or continue to feel fantasy is a viable genres. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And obsessing over the next generic Friday the 13th isn't? :redcapes: 

Friday the 13th.....with the exception of the 8th and 10th are miles better than pixar films. You're all too brainwashed to realize it though.

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I'd love to see a PG-13 Pixar. I know it's never happening, but still...

I think the biggest possibility there lies with Mark Andrews. When he was promoting Brave he had very strong feelings about wanting there to be more PG-13/R animated movies