FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Just now, Ozymandias said:

So the body of the man that died watching The Conjuring 2, and the person charged with transporting it, have both gone missing.

The plot thickens.

This is either really freaky or the most tasteless marketing gimmick ever 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't see the point in complaining about the lack of staying power for Captain America when if you've looked at everything this year, everything isn't holding on well. The only 50M+ grossing releases to have a 3x multiplier so far this year are the Disney juggernauts, Kung Fu Panda 3, Miracles from Heaven, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Now that has to worry studios more than anything else.

obviously Captain America did well it is just kind of funny since some people were saying the legs would be closer to Ant Man or Guardians because of the reviews

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

How many markets has FD opened in? BOM says 50 M overseas opening.

Finding Dory swum to an estimated $50m on its international debut in 29 territories. The sequel achieved the biggest Pixar opening ever in China with an estimated $17.5m, while its $7.6m Australian bow was the biggest Disney/Pixar opening weekend ever in the market. Argentina posted the second biggest Disney/Pixar opening with $3.5m, behind only Monsters University, despite Argentina’s Copa America football match on Saturday [June 18], while Russia and Colombia opened with $3.4m and $2.1m, respectively. Globally, Finding Dory grossed $6.4m on 344 IMAX screens, including $5m from 211 screens in North America.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/finding-dory-swims-to-50m-overseas-debut/5106030.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 1

I'm kind of stunned that Me Before You is having such poor legs. Did Dory pretty much suck up all of the female audience attention? Or could it be that the controversial ending is just repelling audiences?

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm kind of stunned that Me Before You is having such poor legs. Did Dory pretty much suck up all of the female audience attention? Or could it be that the controversial ending is just repelling audiences?

It had a big drop before Dory

The story is :rant: so that could be it.

400 million for CW is great. I'd be hesitant to predict 500+ CBMs until something like X-Men v Avengers or JLA v Avengers type movie shows up. Well, also if they concentrate even more on the younger generation and females, there's also a chance. If done just right, I think Fox New Mutants, WB Teen Titans, or Marvel New Warriors could do it. Unlikely new faces could make a huge splash like Speedball, Warlock, Changeling, Starfire, or Blue Beetle. I mean, Groot is expected to carry GotG and he has two lines, lol.

My Top 15:

1. CW

2. Dory

3. SS

4. Pets

5. Bourne

6. X-Men

7. ID

8. Star Trek

9. TMNT

10. Alice

11. Conjuring