FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The AMC near me is still playing Warcraft in IMAX instead of Finding Dory. What the fuck!

Mine was but like early yesterday morning they switched their schedule to Dory lol

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Still, we shouldn't underestimate anything with Star Wars in the title.

I can see 160 m OW with 3.7 legs which puts Rogue One close to 600 m.

Just wait till marketing hits it stride.

The question is whether Rogue One will come close or fall short of the 3.77 multiplier TFA showed last year. I don't think it can hold so well, especially with the holiday constellation this year. Something like 150/ 3.3 multi/ 500

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Still, we shouldn't underestimate anything with Star Wars in the title.

I can see 160 m OW with 3.7 legs which puts Rogue One close to 600 m.

Just wait till marketing hits it stride.

Nevermind

Edited by Giesi

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, a 50m+ Friday means OW record. :)

But since it's an animated movie, a greater percentage will be matinees, so I don't think we'll see any late action upwards (the way we've seen with some other tentpoles).

I don't know, Dory got a lot of millennial hype, and IO went up from mid 20s to 34m last year. Then again, a lot of adult films went down at night too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

I don't know, Dory got a lot of millennial hype, and IO went up from mid 20s to 34m last year. Then again, a lot of adult films went down at night too.

Yeah, I could see Fri going up from here.  I can also see a relatively large Saturday and Sunday.

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

There is a decent amount of adult interest for a film in this category but I would still keep expectations in check (already considering DHD first number is wildly inconsistent).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Damn millennials 

• Like 1