baumer

Wednesday'number from RTH for Dory 18M

15 minutes ago, stripe said:

OMG! I joked yesterday with a 18M Wednesday. I still refuse to be overhyped with Dory's run until I see the Friday increase. It might be a bit muted, like TS3

Even if it only jumps 30%, it's looking at 75M+ weekend. Now if jump is closer to 45% or even 50 than mid to high 80s weekend. Dory will be near 300M after the weekend, I don't see how it misses 500M.

54 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

Also, it's worth mentioning that dumb cartoons like Finding Dory, Zootopia, and Inside Out all had much more mature themes and ideas to say than practically any of the big boy CGI-Fest/Comic Book Blockbusters like Jurassic World, Civil War, Avengers, Batman v Superman, Transformers, The Force Awakens etc.  :ph34r:

That's an interesting perspective. I wont say I agree with you, but animation films do often get underrated.

2 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

Pets, Suicide Squad, Moana and Rogue One could make it 10 for the whole year!

Rogue One is the only lock here.

Pets and Moana are outside chances, at best $200-250m for them in no particular order.

Suicide Squad...not seeing that happen at all. Should it hit $200m that would be success for the film and Warners should be pleased. 

4 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

I guess it's safe to say I left Pixar loonie-dom awhile ago. :lol: 

You left? When were you a Pixar loonie to begin with, all I remember is the passive aggressive behavior towards their movies.

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

You left? When were you a Pixar loonie to begin with, all I remember is the passive aggressive behavior towards their movies.

I passive-aggressively had IO in my top 3 movies last year. 

However, the last one I was unreservedly excited about was WALL-E. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

I passive-aggressively had IO in my top 3 movies last year. 

However, the last one I was unreservedly excited about was WALL-E. 

Ok, but I don't remember you excited for IO supposedly a top 3 movie of the year.

• Like 1