WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 minutes ago, James said:

From what I read Dory will bring in 10-20m less because of it. Basic shitty exchange rate. 

Its been at around $1.42 all year long. 

It's at $1.37 right now. Hard to see it going any lower after the shock on Friday. 

I wouldn't be concerned with it having much of an effect 

18 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Then again things aren't much better now. Adele is objectively awful (can't believe she duped people into believing what she does is "real music"). Taylor Swift...lol. Drake...meh. 

Lol when people say an artist isn't, "real music".  You can not like the performer or the composition, and argue they are poor, but they're still making music.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

3 day predictions for next weekend:

Finding Dory: 44M

The Purge: 24M

The BFG: 22M

Independence Day: 20.5M

The Legend of Tarzan: 19M

The Shallows: 9.5M

Central Intelligence: 9M

Free State of Jones: 4.2M

The Conjuring: 3.9M

Now You See Me: 3.1M

CI is going to have to deal with a TC loss of at least 500, I can't see it holding that well.

Warcraft, NYSM2, Conjuring 2, TMNT 2 and X-Men would lose their theaters before Central Intelligence does. 

I don't see a loss of 500 theaters causing a 50%+ drop over the 3-day. 1,000+ would, but 500 isn't enough for that heavy of a drop in the face of minimal competition.

I just don't see it holding worse than Conjuring 2 or NYSM2 when both of those will likely lose 800-1,000 theaters next weekend (your projections give them sub 50% drops while CI gets a 50% drop, despite inevitably having more theaters and less competition). 40-42% is the highest I see it dropping over the 3-day. 

Edited by mahnamahna

48 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

GB isn't touching 200m

50-60m OW and 120-140m total. 

Excelent hold for Dory

Very good start for Shallows. Hopefully it has good holds over the course of its run

Good hold for CI

LOL at ID2

That's a terrible multi for what could be a well-received comedy with relatively minimal competition for its demo minus Bad Moms. I don't see it barely getting a 2x when none of the Feig-McCarthy collaborations have a multi any lower than 3.8x.

Because of the GB brand, it'll obviously be more frontloaded, but summer weekdays should get it to a 2.8x-3.2x. Maybe 3.3x-3.5x if WOM is excellent. It has far more upside than any other tentpole except Pets and SS, so $200 million+ DOM is always a very outside possibility. 

With $50 million OW, I'd say $140 million DOM-$165 million DOM. With $60 million OW, I'd say $170 million DOM-$200 million DOM. 

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

GB isn't touching 200m

50-60m OW and 120-140m total. 

Excelent hold for Dory

Very good start for Shallows. Hopefully it has good holds over the course of its run

Good hold for CI

LOL at ID2

Looks to hit $50M. Lively looking alive

• Like 1

I just found out that Discovery Channel apparently moved up their shark week to coincide with the release of The Shallows. So I'm guessing they're going to be promoting the film this whole week. 

Edited by Nova