CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

It's nitpicking, but that's a terrible title. You're literally giving Kim Kardashian credit. It's punny, but still cringeworthy knowing they're using a term that Kim K basically trademarked.

Hopefully they drop the subtlety with the next one. "Wreck it Ralph 3: Ralph and Yeezy Take China."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

It's nitpicking, but that's a terrible title. You're literally giving Kim Kardashian credit. It's punny, but still cringeworthy knowing they're using a term that Kim K basically trademarked.

Hopefully they drop the subtlety with the next one. "Wreck it Ralph 3: Ralph and Yeezy Take China."

I know - Ralph Wrecks The Internet was right there for the taking and would have tied to the first movie as well

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Nah. I don't associate it with Kim K at all.

It's still one of the worst titles ever, I'll give you that.

Edited by cannastop

50 minutes ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

Grinch maybe, Animated Spider-Man no way in hell

52 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Grinch, sure. 

But I think you're the only person who really gives a shit about Animated Spider-Man lmao.

That last one may be true, but remember an African American Spider-Man could be a better draw than Lego Batman, who's had tons of DTV movies prior.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickvD said:

I don't know... Wreck-It Ralph is a beloved recent classic. If done right it could hold well against Grinch.

WIR2 reminds me so much off HTTYD2/KFP2/LB. Grinch will do Sing numbers minimum ($270M).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

So with Frozen 2 coming a year after this, I guess they've gotten over the aversion to WDAS theatrical sequels.

Also think the success of MU, TS3, C2, and FD helped too.

• Like 2

I think Lasseter's presence and their new symbiotic relationship with Pixar is shifting their stance on sequels, and a lot of their recent output is either original or very loose adaptations and they have more freedom to do what they want with the properties.

Regardless of how good they end up being I still hope they at least try to maintain a balance. I like the element of curiosity to a studio's upcoming slate that you don't get so much if it's just a bunch of sequels.

• Like 2