CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

All the hyping up of Wreck It Ralph's video game character  cameos rubbed me the wrong way even before the original film was released. It seemed like everyone really wanted a movie about Sonic or Qbert, not of Ralph and Vanellope. 

I mean, I'm not against Disney adapting a Nintendo video game, but that's not what this franchise is supposed to be about 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goldenstate5 said:

I'm sure they'll make up some bullshit even if it renders the entire film's climax useless from a thematic perspective.

That's why they didn't want a second movie, that would've led to weird twists..But with a TV show that won't be a problem and people will accept that. I'll probably try to watch it, I loved Disney cartoons as a kid.

33 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

All the hyping up of Wreck It Ralph's video game character  cameos rubbed me the wrong way even before the original film was released. It seemed like everyone really wanted a movie about Sonic or Qbert, not of Ralph and Vanellope. 

I mean, I'm not against Disney adapting a Nintendo video game, but that's not what this franchise is supposed to be about 

Fun and small cameos is where it's at.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't see what's bothering you.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, cannastop said:

Schedule for Walt Disney Animation Studios:

November 23, 2016: Moana

March 9, 2018: Wreck-It Ralph 2

November 21, 2018: Gigantic

November 27, 2019: Frozen 2 (Predicted)

November 25, 2020: Original Movie (Box office mojo says something is scheduled here.)

November 5, 2021: Zootopia 2 (Predicted)

Now that I think about it, they might intend for Frozen 2 to be the 2020 movie. Then again, it's been a long time since they've gone 24 months without releasing something, so maybe they have an additional movie for 2019. There are already Pixar movies scheduled for March 2020 and June 2020.

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I still thought it was weird how in the main poster, all the video game cameos appear alongside Ralph but not Felix, Vanellope, King Candy, or Calhoun.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6e2NEBAIaJQ8_-1KSrUc

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Super Wreck-it Ralph is such a bland title tho. Hopefully they throw that off away lol.

I disagree, it's clearly a reference to Super Mario, I love it, it emphasizes the videogames aspect :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cannastop said:

I don't want a tv show mainly because they probably couldn't get Jason Bateman to be part of it.

And Zootopia 2 doesn't have to have Nick and Judy hook up, even if I think that would be cool.

They could totally get Jason Bateman, he's not that big of a star.

2 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Super Wreck-it Ralph is such a bland title tho. Hopefully they throw that off away lol.

I dunno, I like it.

6 hours ago, Blanks McCoy said:

Moore is being kinda weird with this. He keeps jumping around the idea of building around online gaming and being just the Internet. I hope the latter is merely the surface setting and online gaming is the actual focus, much like the arcade/game worlds of the original.

2 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Moore is being kinda weird with this. He keeps jumping around the idea of building around online gaming and being just the Internet. I hope the latter is merely the surface setting and online gaming is the actual focus, much like the arcade/game worlds of the original.

Indeed. That was the enitre essence of Wreck-it Ralph - video games. They just can't drop it like that, and hopefully they won't.

• Like 2