CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Moana is just about finished right now, so they'll probably start production on this very soon. Probably going to be done way ahead of schedule, just like the first one.

I was just thinking about how the "Ralph breaks the Internet" plot changes if Disney does end up buying Twitter, as Bloomberg reported today. The rumor of it is causing Disney's stock to drop.  Anyway, if they did buy Twitter, that's at least one "real" site out there they could use for this movie without having to pay up licensing fees, instead of the fake ones seen with the movie's announcement.

4 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

I was just thinking about how the "Ralph breaks the Internet" plot changes if Disney does end up buying Twitter, as Bloomberg reported today. The rumor of it is causing Disney's stock to drop.  Anyway, if they did buy Twitter, that's at least one "real" site out there they could use for this movie without having to pay up licensing fees, instead of the fake ones seen with the movie's announcement.

I don't think it really makes a difference. They'd go with fake twitter at this point anyways.

Excited for this! The villain twist only worked for me with WIR and Frozen. The villain twist for BH6 and Zootopia were kinda messy.

Hopefully the sequel will deliver again! Oh, and please drop the villain twists. I want a straight up maniacal, classic antagonist.

14 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The only rational explanation is Squaresoft-style video game characters are a thing in this movie and the title is a parody of literally-translated Japanese titles.

Its not titled Wreck It Ralph 2.734/3.14 Vanellope X Internet.

So this ain't Square Enix level yet...

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The only rational explanation is Squaresoft-style video game characters are a thing in this movie and the title is a parody of literally-translated Japanese titles.

The following are the official titles for some Nintendo games:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

So it is not like this is an entirely new thing for sequel titles.