Neo

Death Wish | March 2 2018 | Eli Roth directing

On 26.02.2018 at 3:29 PM, AJG said:

This whole thing just leaked online, and I have no idea how or why.

Is this a straight to VOD release somewhere?

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

Look on piracy sites? It's out there, and it's an HDRip so good quality, too.

It's a fake, you dummies, it didn't leak.

Hopefully.

Does anybody know when the embargo ends? I`m curious about the reviews from critics but even more about the first audience reviews (it is released here one week later). I saw one review at RT a few days ago which was deleted short after where it said „not as good as the original but a satisfying experience“. Forgot about the rest.

I have no idea how popular the Bronson series still is in the USA? Here in Germany it`s pretty well known which also means that moviegoers will keep a very close eye on the remake. OTOH I think nobody expects that much from that remake. But despite that Bruce Willis damaged his reputation a lot in the last years the buzz is quite good (fits to the presale reports in the Buzz & Tracking Thread). And many moviegoers are surprised and pleased that you have to be 18 years old to see it in theaters which is rather seldom here. Insidekino.de predicts 500k total admissions, not bad.

Edited by el sid

Yes, I have the same idea about how much the critics will love it ;). Even the original from 1974 has not more than 65% on the tomatometer, an average rating of 5.8/10 and only 25% among the top critics. I`ll wait for some user reviews.

WOM is going to be shit on this. Not screening for critics (Double Toasted said there were no screenings at all) already guarantees that its reception will be poor, but a lot of people won't know what type of movie they're getting into :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

I've never seen such a late embargo since... who knows.

A Lionsgate release? Seriously, MGM is probably betting this will perform much better with the rental crowd. No one is expecting this to be a critical darling, or topple the current run of Black Panther. It will do what it needs to do on home video. Where the run-of-the-mill ultra-violent guilty pleasure experience tends to thrive.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:27 AM, el sid said:

Hopefully.

Does anybody know when the embargo ends? I`m curious about the reviews from critics but even more about the first audience reviews (it is released here one week later). I saw one review at RT a few days ago which was deleted short after where it said „not as good as the original but a satisfying experience“. Forgot about the rest.

I have no idea how popular the Bronson series still is in the USA? Here in Germany it`s pretty well known which also means that moviegoers will keep a very close eye on the remake. OTOH I think nobody expects that much from that remake. But despite that Bruce Willis damaged his reputation a lot in the last years the buzz is quite good (fits to the presale reports in the Buzz & Tracking Thread). And many moviegoers are surprised and pleased that you have to be 18 years old to see it in theaters which is rather seldom here. Insidekino.de predicts 500k total admissions, not bad.

It's a relatively unnecessary remake released at a questionable time (not entirely its fault). I don't expect to see reviews until tomorrow or later tonight (after the Thursday night showings).

Edited by ThePhasmid

3 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

It's a relatively unnecessary remake released at a questionable time (not entirely its fault). I don't expect to see reviews until tomorrow or later tonight (after the Thursday night showings).

Wasn't it rumored that the initial delay was because of the Vegas shooting? There'll never be a good time to release this.

• Like 1

If this movie makes more than Zyzzz Road or whatever it's a fucking tragedy. Fuck this absolute despicable racist NRA propaganda piece of trash. I have literally never rooted against a movie more. I usually root for everything. I'm even rooting for something like Red Sparrow or fucking Peter Rabbit to do great, just because good box office. But not this shit.

And fuck the trash ass racist original, too.    

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

From Ehrlich:

It’s a hell of a transition, and it hilariously begins — to use proper 2018 parlance — with Paul being cucked (that is, emasculated in situations where no real emasculation is happening) by every other man he encounters. A well-tailored beta male who lives in an immaculate Evanston house with his wife (Elisabeth Shue) and their beaming teenage daughter (future celebrity Camila Morrone), Paul is cucked by an aggro dad at a high school soccer game, he’s cucked by the homeless guy who tries to wash the windshield of his nice sedan, and he’s even cucked by his own brother (a sweet but shifty Vincent D’Onofrio), who leeches money off him at every opportunity. We’re talking about a guy who’s such a pansy-ass little snowflake that he’s too busy performing “emergency medical procedures” to protect his family from the trio of masked criminals that break into his house during an expertly tense (and strangely tasteful?) sequence that leaves Paul’s wife dead and his daughter in a coma. Serves him right — a real man would obviously have boobytrapped his suburban home with grenades before going out for the night.

:jeb!: 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1