Neo

Death Wish | March 2 2018 | Eli Roth directing

God, this looks just as awful and misguided as the original. There's potential in this as some sort of smarter examination of vigilantism, but this looks like a trashy direct to DVD movie still reverent to 80s action movies. 

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

God, this looks just as awful and misguided as the original. There's potential in this as some sort of smarter examination of vigilantism, but this looks like a trashy direct to DVD movie still reverent to 80s action movies. 

That's probably why I think it looks good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HesAPooka said:

Glad Willis is back but this looks mehish. I'll still watch it, but was hoping for more.

That is a strange think to say for someone that "released" 3 movie in 2015, 4 in 2016 and will have 3 movie this year, including one that was released 2 weeks ago. Poor Willis.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

That is a strange think to say for someone that "released" 3 movie in 2015, 4 in 2016 and will have 3 movie this year, including one that was released 2 weeks ago. Poor Willis.

But other than Split (just a cameo anyway) were any of those movies worth his dignity. I mean co-starring with Zach Morris and Hayden Christiansen. Thank God for Glass next year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

This movie looks bland AF. They're trying to go for a "fun" vibe that totally doesn't work.

I think it looks pretty cool.  Bland is not something that comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

But other than Split (just a cameo anyway) were any of those movies worth his dignity. I mean co-starring with Zach Morris and Hayden Christiansen. Thank God for Glass next year.

Exactly, he has 11 movie credit on imdb in 2015/2016/2017, and first kill look like a return, that give an idea on is last 11 movie after Red 2 and Sin City 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

That's probably why I think it looks good.

I was just about to ask you what you felt about this film and about the original..

I am looking forward to this remake, especially after finding out that Eli Roth is helming it.

• Like 1

Speaking of vigilante movies, I would LOVE if they remade Savage Streets.

Anyone remember that? It was trashy, exploitative, violent, and a hell of a lot of fun, and I wish someone like Roth, Jaume Collet-Sierra, or Fede Alvarez resurrected it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

I enjoy vigilante justice movies but this looks very bland and indistinct. Then again, what else can you expect from Eli Roth.

I usually expect some oddball sensibility from Eli Roth and I see none of that on display here.

If you want to see an underappreciated vigilante justice movie that's gritty and pulls no punches, check out James Wan's Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon from almost 10(?) years ago.

Edited by Jay Beezy