FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $8.3M, Tarzan - $6M, Purge - $4.4M, BFG - $3.5M

As the usher last night, I said to this woman who was with her son as she walked into the lobby "just be careful, the floor is slippery". She turned to her son (who is being pushed in a wheelchair) "hear that buddy? Watch where you step!" :lol:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Where's Dory headed? $500M+ DOM even with Secret Life Of Pets on the horizon?

There's no doubt about 500m imo.

After Tuesday's 8.3m it's on 390.1m, 110m away from 500m.

So,

IO made 99m more after the 3rd Tuesday of 6.44m.

TS3 made 107m more after the 3rd Tuesday of 5.94m.

DORY needs 110m more after a 3rd Tuesday of 8.3m.

Also, if DORY is looking at 495m, Disney is not gonna end it there. They will give it a boost anyway. So in it's 'organic' run it just needs ~105m more for 495m and then 500m will happen.

Not that it will need any such boost. Looking at the Tuesdays of IO, TS3 and DORY in the above chart, it will do 510m+ despite PETS.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Shrek 2 made about $120 mil from this point on. Dory is CRUSHING it in the weekdays, and will about match it on weekends, maybe slightly less.

$500 mil is all but locked up, even with SLOP.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Largely depends on how much Pets hits it. TS3 dropped 30.6% against DM1 and IO dropped 40.7% against Minions. Dory is playing stronger than both TS3 and IO right now and Pets won't be doing Minions #s. As long as it drops less than, I guess, 47.5%-50%, it should still be able to get to $500M+ DOM. I think it'll get there.

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

As the usher last night, I said to this woman who was with her son as she walked into the lobby "just be careful, the floor is slippery". She turned to her son (who is being pushed in a wheelchair) "hear that buddy? Watch where you step!" :lol:

That's actually fucked up. :kitschjob:

• Like 1

As I am pretty new to BO I am quite amazed by Dory's week numbers, someone pointed out that week numbers are way higher in summer then in winter but still....

8.3M on a THIRD Tuesday is amazing to me... TJB did 8.9 on its FIRST tuesday.

But yeah I know I have eyes, week ends jumps are really really low compared to winter jumps.

Actually this small jumps amaze just as much as those week numbers. Dory had a 54% jump on its third friday compared to TJB 174% jump !!!

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Do you think $500m DOM is still in play for Dory?

55 minutes ago, a2knet said:

There's no doubt about 500m imo.

After Tuesday's 8.3m it's on 390.1m, 110m away from 500m.

So,

IO made 99m more after the 3rd Tuesday of 6.44m.

TS3 made 107m more after the 3rd Tuesday of 5.94m.

DORY needs 110m more after a 3rd Tuesday of 8.3m.

Also, if DORY is looking at 495m, Disney is not gonna end it there. They will give it a boost anyway. So in it's 'organic' run it just needs ~105m more for 495m and then 500m will happen.

Not that it will need any such boost. Looking at the Tuesdays of IO, TS3 and DORY in the above chart, it will do 510m+ despite PETS.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Bad_Moms_poster.jpg

• Like 1

Liking that tiny drop for BFG. Could it possibly be good WOM already? The good news is even if Pets and Dory gross huge this weekend, BFG didn't make enough on OW to make much of a dent even with a light drop. So hopefully it can have some nice holds.